Enemy packs at dungeon entrance

Im frustrating about how often im entering the tower cellar lvl and immediately get melted by groups of elites or boss group. Im playing sorceress at hell, and 2 or 3 of 10 times died because of this BS spawn points ( this is not the ony place i have died from such spawn points but recently decided to run the tower for runes and this is very annoying). I think blizz need to fix this. Any opinions?

1 Like

Unfortunately this has been a long standing issue that existed in the past now made worse by poor load times. Before D2R there were some bad instances but generally you could survive. I have died in the tower a few times recently from archer packs right outside the stairway. I’m playing on PS4 as sorc and sometimes I’m getting 5-10-15 second load times which is more than enough time to get critted down. A fix would be nice but being as this is an old issue I doubt it will get addressed anytime soon or ever. They need to resolve server issues and loading times to have a fair chance at survival.

Another fix would be to render player non-targetable until loading is still in progress. But I dont think anything will change in this game.

1 Like

That’s a good option, all for it. Too bad we are stuck with new-blizz.

Or even beter solution will be no spawn points on top of the entrance. I was playing on PS4 and the loading times are redicolous but got my PS5 and there is no such problem but still barely managed to teleport out of such ambushes few times. If got hit befor teleporting is 99% chance of death. Its anoing because you lose exp if not able to recover the corpse.

This has been a standard thing to happen for the past 20 years in the PC version, frustrating, but not unexpected. It is the loading times on last gen consoles that make it worse.

This is not a solution for this problem. Monster will not spawn near waypoint/entrances but imagine you or other player may drag them near it and they will kill you next time you enter. Making player non-targetable during his system is still loading an area is the way to go. But like I said - dont hope for it.

Energy shield + frozen arm, monarch spirit, oculus, enlightenment on something like wyrmhide, silkweave boots, peasant crown or delirium, sun God ammy, Manald and mf ring is what I use, sometimes I’ll runaround with wealth on dusk shroud and still well off.
What lvl, build and gear you have?

Im 74lvl at the moment , frost armor is helpful to frost the non immune monsters but sometimes they are immune to cold so… My gear is pretty mish mash of some not complete sets and unique stuff. I dont have good mercenary so i dont keep him alive simply to die from the countess. Im cold and lightning using orb and static/nova. The countess is little bugged at one of the room entrances and doesnt move (probably at the seed of the map) so the minions run arround and not attack me if i dont get too close to the middle of the room from the other side. Just static them and nova kill them. Then the countess is the same, but she’s not moving at all. Its verry funny bug.