Endgame concept: Restless Darkness

The progression areas are also the endgame areas… this is Diablo 2 mate

Also, stop acting like it’s a complexe system…

Full Clear area to have monsters respawn stronger later

Not rocket science

Nice, creative, still a D3 rift, PODPOEPD2 end map whatever, that you so badly want…
The lipstick isnt fooling anyone.

1 Like

do you know how many times i want to say that to you…

2 Likes

Problem I see with this is immunities. People already complain about immune monsters, now imagine them having to full clear them to get to some sort of end game and then face even stronger immune monsters.

Breaking down the gameplay, it’s already similar to what we have. You looking for stronger monsters while running the same areas - we already do enough of that in normal, nightmare, hell , ubers.

Reading isn’t your strong suit I see

Nice, now mobs with in the new spawn are buffed to have all resistances. So the solution to immune monsters is making them more immune.

The embodiment of Jay Wilson is strong in you.

and thinking of good ideas isn’t yours. yet here you are.

So you want better Exp and better drops for no cost?

Are you gonna cry that they have more dmg and life as well?

The extra resists is to make them harder but also to even the playing field of builds

By adding magic resists you dull the edge of Hammerdins

You also equalize the fact that overall monsters have more fire resists than any other resists

I never asked for this. And this is coming from someone whose reading is not a strong suit.

Seems like you going off in a tangent.

Still don’t see how you answered the question about dealing with immunities other than making things more immune. But if that is your solution - :+1: You would make Jay Wilson proud.

I woke up this morning and 4 of the top 10 threads were Seks, I kid you not. I was going to make a thread about it, but then he would have been 4/11. Also, the irony was not lost on me that he’d be getting the spotlight for more people to bump his bad ideas out of disagreement.

Something must be done about this dude bumping his own threads / flooding the GD forum with threads. It’s starting to get ridiculous. I hate calling on mods, because I don’t like the idea that I’m telling someone to do their job, because that’s not what I’m doing. I just want some sane solution. It’s been weeks of the same crap and he’s not showing any signs of slowing.

Please limit the number of threads this guy can make per week. This is the D2R forum, not the Seks wishlist bulletin board.

4 Likes

Next ladder We my friends consider driving only with yellow items, and gems / runes are allowed to be used on their yellow stuff. But set items, and unique you are not allowed to use, even we pick them up, you are not allowed to wear them. We want to see how far you can get in D2 with only with rare items =)

Used to be how the game was back before 1.10

But then they tripled or quadrupled monsters life and resistances, created new runewords balanced according to those monsters thoughness but then didn’t balance up existing Unique/set/rare

1.10 was such a failure

try non expansion. It’s more fun for only rares/magic playthroughs

I agree it can be fun

But only if you have the ability to immerse yourself in that version

To forget your knowledge of the more modern yet worse itemization With its boring quick go to items

Problem with non-expansion you missing whole Act5 =*(…

I mean pretty much every map in the game from arcane sanc onwards can drop every rune up to Jah. I think people overhype level 85 zones personally. There are only a handful of uniques you actually need from those and generally you’ll find them before you ever get close to done farming runes.

you could convert afterwards if you don’t like classic :slight_smile: but if you plan to play only rares, it is a good chance to try out a different mode where rares are endgame.

We are like 3 people of my friends who will try this next ladder, we will wrote downs, the rules and post here later when next ladder is near =). Maybe more players want to test this challenge =) and we of course play together =)

Wrong

The top grailers are much much much rarer than the top runes

Also, mlvl areas aren’t overhyped, yet most of the mlvl 85 area exclusive Unique items are trash like:

• Tyrael might

• Templar might

• Mang song

• storm spire

• wf

• GF

• etc

But the holy grail is the only endgame we have

If there were other activities to do in endgame like :

• Anya personalize quest turned into transmog

• Natalya areas cleansing bounties

• Pvp points system

• king of the hells

• the 9 circles of hell

• restless darkness

The rarest grail items are practically useless outside of completing a grail, which most people don’t care about to begin with.

I’d much rather just have a Jah or a Ber than anything on that list. :slight_smile: If you like to play a variety of builds, and mix up farming locations to prevent burnout then I stand by what I say. 85 zones are only needed for a handful of TC 87 items that are actually used, and Baal/Diablo/Nil charms. Outside of that it really doesn’t matter where you farm from the end of act 2 onwards.

Open areas in act 3 in particular are excellent for builds like Bowazon that don’t want to endlessly farm cows. Large packs of low HP mobs are great multishot fodder. Most of Act 5 is great for Fire builds. Ect.