End the Greifing and make PVP a mutual agreement

Yes yes yes, absolutely, that it gritty D2.

i was wondering when the “changes kids” would start crying about getting dragged over the pavement in beta.

its a core feature of the game, you can only be hosted in town and it closes all tps of the one doing it. thats all the leeway you gonna get, better adjust or play the unicorn level in D3.

Will be an absolute pleasure to send all you tourist gamers here to therapy ingame after launch for the few weeks you will actually play.

Totally against this. Keep the pvp as is.

Back in the days, pkers were able to loot items from corpses. That was a lot of fun but I can understand why that got patched over lol.

They will learn. The same way you did back in the day.

Diablo 2 is a world that should not make you feel comfortable.

Keep public games risky. Be thankful there’s a “hostile” flag at all to give you fair warning.

Leave it the same. It’s just fine. Make a private game if so concerned.

I’m not a pker myself but i love the feature in this game.
Also it’s pretty funny to kill him before he kills you. Dont forget he is alone vs all of you.
If you’re playing a low lvl game you Can toggle the max level option to avoid getting ganked by a high lvl char.

Nope that’s what makes d2 exciting. You never know who’s going to become the enemy. I actually enjoy when people
Join and turn hostile then i take off their ear, hehe. If you think its toxic then make a game with a password.

1 Like

Get good or die trying

1 Like

What shocking responses… The Trolls on the forums want the most trollish part of diablo 2 to stay even thought it ruins experiences for all new players… Some of us want the D2 community to grow and that means bringing in new blood. This feature will prevent that. You need to think of this like a business and not a place where your pathetic souls can bully people who like to casually play. Promote the good parts of the game and bring in new people who wont stop playing within 3 weeks because they keep getting attacked and cant play.

You’re right, I saw a lot of the posts here and some of them are trolls, but point being is that the feature you are referring to is not an issue and can be avoided by changing the allowed character level in the game and also by adding a password

and the base game is not even filled with that many people looking to kill new players, it’s just that the beta is limited to only act 1 and 2 so people don’t have much left to do, so it’s not even an issue in the full release, which is why I don’t see any reason to change something about that mechanic for that reason

no just no, but they could turn it back so it was only possible to turn on hostile from town.
but for the love of god do NOT make it a handshake one, that is not pvp that is duels, and pvp belongs in a game like this…

I would agree with you that it is more prominent in the Beta but it still occurs even on the old D2 servers. Level 90 chars come in and kill people all the time. I agree the level cap helps but the private game answer is stupid. The entire point of making public games is to play with other people and if people don’t want to PVP you shouldn’t force it on them. Just because someone made a public game doesn’t mean they invited people to come in and kill them.

it’s part of the experience, it happened to me too and it’s part of the fun in my opinion, you really can’t handle that fact that something like that might happen some time along the way?

I treat it the same as a really strong monster that is hard to kill basically, I still have a chance to kill it

Actually its the opposite. I enjoy the thrill of someone joining the game and trying to pk us and have everyone else team up to try and kill him. Then if he refuses to leave and insists on being a jerk, I quit and rejoin with my GG geared smiter. Good times man.

Why not offer the option for PVP to be disabled when creating the game then. This way the creator of the game can decide. This would enable the PVP for those who want it and stop the trolls from harassing those who just want to PVE

Well you don’t get to do that, otherwise everyone can just turn it off and the mechanic is useless, the way to avoid it is either playing with people you know or close the game

Lol you literally just proved my point. Everyone would turn it off because its stupid and annoying when people do this. Almost all public games would choose this option because its not in the spirit of D2. It needs to be removed.

pvp can’t be a mutual agreement anyways, as it always has been a chaotic environment to begin with. Think of it as immersive
think of it as a roleplay perspective, this game is not for the faint of heart

yeah someone getting mad and bringing in a max level main to ruin everyones game is the highlight of Diablo 2! :stuck_out_tongue: