"Emergency maintenance"... Deployment fail round 2? ☹

Agreed, I loved the dev stream and I hope there’s more to come. Excited for the community events mentioned in the 2.4/Ladder date announcement post as well.

1 Like

Ok all fine and dandy thank you but what about items that get deleted if you have to many 1 slot items in your shared stash? This has been an ongoing issue for months and for people like me that have mules that store just rings and ammys, it terrifying.

5 Likes

They’re only bits, my friend.

Play?
Play!
:slight_smile:

Other thoughts: Sun approaching solar max… Hope no severe X-class flares come rolling in. Carrington event

Dramatic, I know.

Not just a game when you have no friends and no life and you only have d2r…Then it becomes a sad little world where items carry a piece of your soul.

This is a big issue that really needs addressed. The 8KB limit for save files is nothing, it needs to be at least doubled to prevent items from being deleted.

2 Likes

ARE YOU TELLING US THATS THERES NO FIX FOR THIS EXCEPT TO MAKE NEW CHARACTERS?

ALSO, GIVE ME BACK THE OPTION TO SORT CHARACTERS ALPHABETICALLY. MY CHARACTER SCREEN IS A DISAPPOINTING MESS.

I’M NOT MAD, JUST EXPRESSING A QUESTION IN ALL CAPS GIVEN THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

9 Likes

I can’t belive they are calling that a success to be honest… it’s not “sky is falling” but dang, low bar

3 Likes

Losers learn more than a winner.

The winner is the teacher. Fact.

There is such a thing as a “Successful failure”. Apollo 13 for example.

A FEW WEEKS???
THIS IS SUCH A COMPLEX PROBLEM THAT IT’S GOING TO TAKE A FEW WEEKS, AFTER LAUNCH NO LESS, TO FIGURE OUT?

YOU CAN’T FIGURE IT OUT NOW, OR AT LEAST TRY TO, BEFORE THE PATCH IS DEPLOYED?

2 Likes

sure, but no one doing a database migration would call that a win. this isn’t a test, this is a live production rollout that had consequenses to live players, and it seems that the data isn’t even the same (caps issue)… which would be a MASSIVE red flag that should have been caught in unit and migration testing. learn in dev enviroments not in production ones… production is for applying those learnings.

1 Like

Are you sure about that? I’ve been calling this an unofficial beta test for some time now.
Don’t be so sure. :slight_smile:

Whatever it takes.

meh, I’m with them on this one. Caps is not a major issue really, not that I’d call it a success by any stretch, I’d be worried as hell that the data wasn’t right. But if it would cause production delays (a LOT of work goes into shipping a new build, even for minor changes) then why would they risk it when a fix is already on it’s way. One that doesn’t affect gameplay and barely impacts people. It mayave been figurted out rather quickly, deploying it is a different kettle of fish.

THAT WASN’T MY POINT.
OF COURSE IT’S NOT A GAME-BREAKING SITUATION.
BUT ITS CAUSE CAN’T BE SUCH A COMPLETE MYSTERY THAT IT’S GOING TO TAKE WEEKS BEYOND THE WEEKS WE STILL HAVE BEFORE 2.4 DEPLOYMENT TO FIGURE OUT.

IF ALL CAPS IN THE CHARACTER NAMES STUMPS THEM SO SERIOUSLY, THE MORE SERIOUS ISSUES REALLY MUST HAVE THEM SCRATCHING THEIR HEADS.

7 Likes

Hey, your caps lock key is on. Just letting you know. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

THANKS, BUD! I’M NOT SURE WHAT’S CAUSING IT, BUT I’LL GET RIGHT ON IT AND HOPEFULLY HAVE A SOLUTION IN SEVERAL WEEKS.

11 Likes

Blizzard application parking lot.

1 Like

Y’er welcome. Try taping your right shift keY DOWN AS A TEMPORARY FIx. :smiley:

Toothpick + tape ftw. -MacGyver

2 Likes

They just said that this will not delay 2.4 or ladder, and people are complaining about character names being in ALL CAPS? Some of you guys act like D2 is the only game you’ve ever played.

I’m not happy about the delay either, but here’s the thing: I’m still enjoying playing it as is. Maybe some of you are not. Maybe try playing something else, at least until ladder comes out.

congratulations Blizzard.

Since your maintennce update, I have lost my customs keys.

Now everytime I start a new game, I have to reset my keys.

This is frustrating!!!

4 Likes

Set them back up and save them again. You’ve got this. :slight_smile:

1 Like