"Emergency maintenance"... Deployment fail round 2? ☹

not familiar with rhetorical statements i see… lol, you’re happy with this purchase? orginial team would have had ladder and issues resolved in 1 week

3 Likes

Quite familiar. Just felt like responding for the sake of it.

Uh, sure? Not exactly sure how you managed to extrapolate that from my response other than being the typical poster that likes to hate on anyone that defends or even seemingly defends Blizzard.

Incorrect. Original team would have had the same issues because they would be doing the same thing - introducing new and modern designs into an old game.

1 Like

re-skinning a 20 year old game doesn’t cause these issues, its the developers have no experience in C++, C#, or LUA

2 Likes

I guess I have very impeccable timing for having just purchased the game…being stuck with a “You have not been online in 30 days” message with no option to even exit the game other than force quitting is not a very good first impression.

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:
I’m done, bye~

1 Like

Why not outsource an independent IT team to help with server support issues? Seems like they are struggling with the IT server side. I don’t think there is anything wrong with getting professional help when needed.

2 Likes

Um, they left on their own LONG ago and have since been making their own games with mixed success.

I think one of the few hold overs was fired recently, but he worked on the websites and that is a complicated topic related to the recent lawsuits.

You can’t really expect people to sit around at a company for 20 years hoping a game gets “resurrected”.

P.S. Wait til you find out about military, govt, and banking software! You think D2 is old…

9 Likes

Above your trolling IQ?! @Muyu

1 Like

Inb4 resident apologist

1 Like

Look at congress full of 70-93 y/o’s trying to regulate crypto to keep the USD alive in +30T in debt lol

2 Likes

and how long does a rollback take? still has no time frame given

From the Twitter post, they were estimating 2 hours.

1 Like

You should probably stop trolling…

A lot of people know the programing languages/scripting you mentioned and quite a few games at Blizz uses those. They have lots of folks who understand it. What they lack are Mac people.

P.S. Congress had nothing to do with what programming languages software is written in. Crypto also has nothing to do with D2R.

Don’t hold your breath and even after it comes back up don’t get attached to anything.

1 Like

What does “rolling back content prior to the maintenance timeframe” mean? How far back does the rollback go?

1 Like

While the original team was indeed better than what we’ve gotten with the D2R team (whoever they are), don’t be silly, there were extended stretches longer than a week where battle net pooped itself and was non-functional, not to mention however many countless rollbacks that happened, of course duping was a huge issue at times, hacked items an issue at times, etc etc. Original team was great, don’t get me wrong, but you’ve got some rose-colored glasses on.

3 Likes

Well the emergency maintenance message finally showed up for me on my client. As someone who has put literally zero minutes into this game so far, glad I don’t have to slam my head into the wall trying to figure out why I’m being spammed with a message about needing to be online within the last 30 days anymore.
I sure love Blizzard. Definitely my favorite gaming company, and I sure love their DRM policies on being able to access their games. Very convenient for the end user!

2 Likes

Heh. Half the ATMs in the country still run on Windows XP SP 3.5. Seriously, they haven’t even gone to Windows 7 yet, let alone Windows 10.

As for the maintenance, thankfully it won’t affect me since I’m trying to get Perfection in Stardew Valley at the moment. Not sure I’m ever gonna plat that game though thanks to that damned Journey of the Prairie King achievement. Though I suppose that’s better than the stupid Jumino Kart game… :wink:

Cue the Charmin commercial.

“You Gotta, Roll it back People”

This is why I didnt bother to even try logging on to see if it was gonna be glitched out.

What a bunch of amateurs…in 20 years they still haven’t figured out how to deploy a patch.

1 Like

I can understand why… XP was a fantastic operating system. My office still has clients who have xray and cad machines that are still running XP. I can understand why too, when those machines can reach upwards to and over 100 grand to replace.

6 Likes