Dual auradin or pure holy firedin

Yup. Summoner is fun also. Its like let the minions do the work lol.

Haha I mean I do most of the work with some fast cast cycling/telestomping, so that’s one part of the pally setup that would make it easier at least to just run around with the auras :thinking:

i would go one or the other. the conviction should break any immunities.

for the holy fire auradin to be OP i feel like you need the armor, and at that point do flickering flame>lvl 15 holy shock from dream helm.

with tesladin, you can still rock enigma.

then frees up 20 skill points and allows for more AR/damage for zeal.

Ermmm dual auradin means Hand of justice weapon, dragon armor, dream shield and dream helm? just to confirm.

Yes, that’s correct (which is feasible non-ladder without flickering flame for initial play on build setup as I understand it so far I think)

So if with flickering flame how the set up would be?

I haven’t tested it, but I think in the videos it was running dual dragon (arm & shield) with the flickering flame helm; not sure what weapon it was.
It’s all early testing though, lots of combinations to figure out what may/may not work best :slight_smile:

Orh than it will be a pure holy firedin. What i am looking at is i prefer a dual auradin. Compring pure holy fireding and dual auradin which is stronger. Thanks for all the sharing.

Yeah, that was just referencing if you want to use the flicker helm since you’d need to take a dream off to use it, which running 1 dream only wouldn’t be ideal so full fire would be better in that use case.
So dual auradin (atm that I know of) would keep the dual dream without the flicker and dragon arm with HoJ.

Yup yup agree with you. Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to build one to play :rofl:

I just shifted some gear around on the ptr to test it out later today — pretty bad gear available, but just curious to see how the auras work first if it’s worth investing into.
Just traded a shield to that I probably should have kept for it if I do like it haha

Whao please let me know once u tested out fully. If its worth to buy those gear to start one to play :rofl:. Thanks thanks

1 Like

I wouldn’t say ‘tested fully’ since I just used whatever bases were available - so pretty bad starting point to end with 0 resistances.
Played around with act 3 merc since I was curious about the static field so had mana issues charging around, but otherwise the auras did what was expected. Cleared most areas in 1-4 ticks, and that was at about lvl 26 skills (no torch or anni); so for my usual p1 farming I’d consider this as a ‘I’m bored and don’t want to really play for running around’ (no thinking required) compared to actually being involved on skill cycling of the necro that I’m used to.

As for is it worth it – if you get bored just running around without hitting anything while it ticks, yeah it would be a waste since you won’t play it. If you want that style, then worth it unless it gets nerfed at another point which may end up not being worth it.

**Played it some more – on lower life mobs/general areas it’s awesome (switched to act 2 merc with insight, but without enigma he gets lost so did a respec with 1 redemption point to refill after kills). Mana issue solved, and the low gear probably didn’t help the survivability, but overall even assuming better gear the full style clear to me was ‘good’, but not godly to be needing a nerf or anything with how it is right now.

hey my friend. thanks for the whole length of feedback and sharing. alright I have a better and clearer picture if i wanna make this build :). appreciate much.

1 Like

Hope it helped — always remember my playstyle preference can be very different than yours, so maybe what I think is ‘good’ is amazing to others :slight_smile:

What’s your decision on the playing verdict so far?

I guess i will still give it a try lol. bored of playing other characters lol

1 Like

Haha for sure.
There’s pretty much zero changes to necros to change my gameplay by even the slightest, so that’s the only reason I’m still considering this too lol

yes. Barb, zon and sin not my play style or type of character. I have druid, nec, sorc and getting bored because 20 years back i played them also. only auradin i never try. so guess i will still play it :). seeya around in game and forum my friend.

Oh man you saw the new patch note again? seems like they nerfing this build again. already this is a p1 build and cannot even compare to many build that can rock p8, not sure why the D2R team wants to nerf it again. I guess I will not waste my runes or time making this build.

1 Like

I wonder if hand of justice, flickering flame helm, dragon armor, and Phoenix shield would be a good way to go? Or dragon shield for lvl 44 holy fire?

I saw the nerf, but tested it today and really didn’t notice a huge difference on p1. To me if you’re just doing random areas (I.e tal tombs, pits, icy cellar - places with fairly weak mobs) you cruise through which could be good if you only want to hunt in specific areas.
If you’re looking for a character to farm all areas in p1 efficiently (which is all I play/care about) I wouldn’t be doing this aside from a I’m extremely bored out of my mind build day. Literally just hold charge, circle a couple mobs, pop redemption to refill, and keep going. I’m curious how it would be impacted by having the +skills of an Anni and torch though if that might boost it up a little more.