Druid skills aren't cast in some circumstances

Scenario reproduction:

1. assign Tornado, or Arctic Blast to right mouse button slot on ui bar. Tested also left and middle mouse button.
  2. point a monster with cursor so its health bar is visible, then press and hold rmb till you kill it (DON’T release the button), and/or…
  3. go into any act 2 tomb, or Maggots Lair, then point cursor into the void behind the wall, or inside a room with closed door. Btw, Twister is not affected by this.
  4. BUG - the skill is not cast even if you hold the assigned button.

This seriously affects gameplay as you have to be pixel-precise in Maggots Lair otherwise your character won’t cast the spell, or after killing the pointed enemy suddenly you stop casting which is hard to spot with active Hurricane, or against gray ground. 2.4 patch is ongoing, hopefully a fix for the issue will be included.

Other missile-type skills, like bolts, bone spear/spirit, arrows, javelin throws might also be affected. Can’t say about Fissure, Firestorm and Molten Boulder as I’ve just respec’d into Wind Druid, however it’s likely these are affected too.

More findings:
It seems the inability to cast is related to line of sight, as I’ve spotted non-cast scenario even in open areas when I’ve pointed with cursor behind a column, or similar obstacle.

1 Like