Does anyone else notice you’ll here specific drops(charms, runes, jewels, gems) yet nothing being on the ground? I swear I’ll even see stuff fly into the air but never show on the ground.
It could be a bit out of your range when it drops. Changing the settings to Toggle for loot drops makes sure you can see all of the items on the screen, not just the items your character is standing on.
I’ve definitely doubled back to check but nothing.
Yeah I get this, I always play D2 with the music off to listen for certain drops. I hear a rune or a jwl drop, I stop and have a look for it and nothing. It’s not off screen, it’s not able to fall where it can’t be seen. It just isn’t there 
Yeah that sounds rough. I play on the switch and the volume is super low even when maxed out. I will throw on some headphones and see if this happens to me as well. What zone did it happen in? I will try to pay more attention in those areas. I know that specters and ghosts can potentially drop items into the abyss (lava in river of flame, arcane sanctuary, etc) which is super frustrating.
yes .
but also it could be me ! but when i only kill mephisto there is nothing else to drop and sometimen i hear it
I’ve had it happen in just about every area, happens in CS when no where near the lava or river. I get it a lot in Trav also, and there’s no where items can fall and poof into there. It’s just annoying as I’m starting to ignore the sounds as I just assume it’s the bug lol, which will probably lead to me missing something 
It’s happened in multiple zones(cows, pit, chaos)
I was about to post this to the forum but found this post. I can CONFIRM there is a sound bug where I can hear a ring/amulet/gem sound dropping but either there are nothing or just a potion. It happen to me on PS5 all Acts all zones all difficulties.
What I have noticed that if it happen once in a game it will keep triggering the same bug over and over and very noticeable. some games I don’t get this triggered at all.
I play with meteorb sorc if that will matter.
Bug still going on years later. I can only assume it’s a ‘nodrop’ item sound? It’s super frustrating to hear the sound of a rune and look all over, turn all (now) loot filters off, and not see anything, do massive circles of the area and nothing. Happens everywhere, and is so midly frustrating that here I am posting about it lol
You are replying to a post since 2021. It would be advice to create your own report instead.
But it’s still happening!!!