Drop Rates need to adapt for 4-monthed seasons

They never adapted, and that is a huge problem.

Terror Zones are a good way for better exping. Drop Rates are still a problem. Blizzard realized that and made the smart decision with Sunder Charms’ Drop Rate (thank God) but they need to also adjust the Drop Rates in general especially for High Runes.

Hopefully we get this next patch.

10 Likes

If anything, they should lower them, since it got now easier anyway to get stuff.

There is always non ladder or singleplayer with mods for you.

29 Likes

Nah, I got a feeling they will fix the drop rates first. Now that exp is taken care of partially (Terror Zones).

Why? D2R is for us. D2: LoD is for the no-life grind, that is always there for you.

Yes it is here for us, with the current drop rates.

Too bad, seems you are not part of “us” :wink:

14 Likes

Yes which is subject to change, same with removal of immunities and Terror Zones and other changes. What is your point? It is a live-service game, not one and done release game.

You are wrong, sorry.

D2: LoD is there with it’s full-glory no-life grind. Amazing achievement of reaching level 99 that takes so much skill and talent there too.

…which already caused a lot of backlash and made S2 far less popular than S1.

No offense, but I think you mixed up the forum.
This is not the D3 one :wink:

8 Likes

Again, says who. Majority are loving it and S2 is way more popular than S1…? It literally has way more players than S1 and everyone is praising and enjoying it.

No, this is D2R forums. You mixed up the forums, OG D2: LoD with its glory no-life grind is this way again -->.

More changes are coming including Drop Rates for sure, deal with it. This is a live-service game, always been advertised as one. The majority wants this.

Check google trends, twitch tracker or whatever measuring you would like.

Why do you cry on the forums about it if you are so sure they will come? :wink:

D4 will be here very soon and then it is over - although I´m feeling really sorry about your hopes being crushed, it will be a good lesson of life.

You will get over it mate!

1 Like

I check in-game playerbase, simple. First season died after what, 2-4 weeks? :laughing:

You think I am the one who is crying, so asking for changes is crying now? It’s clear who is hurt and crying. Typical purist in denial… It must be really hard.

:joy:
This is so funny. A defeated purist is in so much denial. Enjoy being delusional, when purists have already been defeated multiple times already. My “hopes” will be crushed you mean like your make-believe 1:1 identical copy of D2: LoD with better graphics? But thanks for the laugh. :rofl:

Also, no where does it even say that D2R support will cease when D4 is here. Another make-believe by purists. I really feel sad that you are having it so tough.

Current drop rates make it rewarding to find something though, wouldn’t be so exciting if hr’s were dropping back n forth.

9 Likes

They can still be rewarding if they were reduced to a reasonable grind for a 4 month seasons.

Personally I made Eni build in 1 week after d2r came out, 1 week after first ladder reset and this time I sit on 2x griefs on barb already, all in HC also.

I’m not 100% against ur idea but if it was made easier i think it would get boring.
If there was some official pvp tournament at the end of ladder, for ladder characters for example, there would be a different thing to build towards to, maybe combined with something like that I would take ur side on it but right now, I think buffing drop rates would just make d2r a bit boring.

Maybe problem relies on your farming method/lack of knowledge to pick/trade something of value instead?

1 Like

How did you get those HRs? Was it through “trading” in shady platforms with “currency” hoarders that enables RMTs?

Anyone can “make” an Enigma that way. I am talking about legit drop, you found them in a week? :roll_eyes:

So you made an Enigma in “1 week”, and “1 week after first ladder reset” you sit on 2x griefs BUT if they increment drop rates, the game would be boring? Whaaaaaaaaat?!?!?!?!?!?! :thinking:

Maybe. How did you get yours? The drop rates are set in stone.

First “two” ladders we farmed together with friend, he being assassin and me being fishymancer, at start mostly in cow level but did other zones as well, we always stayed together so we would get “p3” loot in p2 games.
We focused on starting running hell asap and improving our run times while in HC, no bo and trash gear, was quite fun experience but our runes did just drop, didn’t have to use shady sites to get them.

This time we played ladder reset with my wife, we got 1 Lo as a drop, traded for other one when I horked tal amu, extra highlords ( kept 1 for me :smiley: ), ravens, dwarfs, all different kind of stuff, even kept early ladder shako I horked to myself.

Yea I mean we do tend to grind ladder resets and be efficent at them but if it takes a week to reach end game level, a bit longer when playing less then that dosen’t seem bad, does it?
I mean if you increase it, people will be running end game runewords on day 3-4.
I’m not sure it would benefit the game in longer run.

We have used sites to trade items but only in order to load items items off, stashes get full really fast and you will have option to throw items away, or sell them.
Now selling them in game usually takes time and wastes farming/xp efficiency.
Also a lot scammers in in-game trading.
Two days ago some sorc tried to convince me to sell her tal amu for lem rune etc.

But main thing, we have never taken any advantage to give us head using the “shady” sites.

And I’d love in-game marketplace where you could post item, set rune/item price, it would consume item and wait for someone to buy it.
Maybe that would solve your problem also.

1 Like

That is a nice addition but still drop rates are bad.

The rest I guess you got lucky if you got a Jah+Ber in 1 week, I have seen people say they never found one of them in 20 years. So personal anecdotes don’t matter when there is factual data because like I said, drop rates are set in stone and be factually checked. They are just too bad for legit fair players within 4 months time.

Agreed getting straight up Jah+Ber drop so early is lucky, but if you don’t get those, chances are something good will still drop, some guy gets griff he can trade for those, others trade their early shakos, tal pieces for high runes, some guys get other items/bases that have high rolls and are tradeable for nice runes etc.

Personally, I’d love an ironmade mode to be toggleable when making ur character, next to “softcore” and “hardcore” choice etc, and different ladder column for ironman players, maybe even some pvp tournament at the end of ladder with the characters people managed to build without any trading what so ever, that would be awesome imo.
But I guess that’s just a fantasy and too hard to implement :smiley: .

I farmed travincal with a hork barb for 1 week (just a few hours per day) and I already got a ber and a lo. How much faster do those people want to gear, really? Runes should be VERY rare because they’re the very endgame of gearing, along with some extremely rare magic/rare items.

Edit: People mention personal anecdotes. I have found more than 20 high runes (ohm+) over the last d2r seasons combined by casually farming with a sorc and a barb. People need to learn to be efficient and stop blaming luck.

7 Likes

No one can see your gameplay, or their gameplay, who to judge which one is efficient or not? Are you saying your word is better than them? Are you saying you are better and more efficient than anyone just because without any evidence showing your legit drops?

Personally in about 2 decades I can count by one hand HRs I found, and I see MANY people saying 20+ years they never got a HR. We take facts, such as: Drop Rates. Personal anecdotes are meaningless when we have facts.

Besides I still don’t get people who say “yeah we get all high runes in a week BUT if you increment drop rates, it would be so easy and boring!”. Contradictory statement and reeks of dishonest. Probably by people using RMT/ “currency” trading websites, or even multi-clienting or other exploiting. :roll_eyes:

I see you being in denial because other people manage to build their characters while it’s not going the same way for you. That’s unfortunate.

I was sharing my experience with you and wasn’t dishonest, I’m sure that the guy who got ber with his barb is not dishonest either, I did hork sur last night :smiley: .

Take from this that it is possible to get nice loot, not envy and making help topics.

5 Likes

In denial for using facts? :roll_eyes:

In the end, personal anecdotes don’t matter when there are facts. Anyone can say anything, here: I have the cure for cancer and I am a billionaire. :roll_eyes:

There is no “envy”, I don’t even know if your anecdotes hold any truth to them and I could not care less since they do not effect my gameplay. Are you trying to troll me or provoke me or something :roll_eyes: ? You got a lot to learn.

And since you went the failed troll route I have to say: You don’t seem honest sorry. Being smart and skeptical is not being “delusional” or “envious”. Finding all those high runes in a week and then saying if they change drop rates game would be boring, sounds like someone taking advantage of the factually bad drop rates.

I do expect to get a lot of fight from people who exploit the Drop Rates for their, ehm, “shady” advantages for sure.