Don't expect any significant changes

Brevik says to NOT expect any significant changes.

Can’t post link, but article is on PCGamesN. Article by Ken Allsop.

hes back working at blizzard?

Ultimately, he [Brevik] seems grateful that Blizzard continues to treat Diablo 2 with a reverence that it’s already got everything it needs to stand the test of time. “I think that they did a good job. And they’ve kind of said, 'That’s good enough for now, we’re just going to kind of move on. And I think that, you know, it felt like a very respectful decision to me, which was really nice.”

They don’t need to add new things, they just need to fix stuff they broke. WW 2handers plz.

No, he owns his own publishing company now.

2 Likes

Yup, the two-handed WW barb is useless and mosaic needs to be removed, unfortunately the game is now considered abandonware

1 Like

Did it ever work in this game? Does the overlay eff up the skills v1.14d function?

Not really, at least not since back in the old days before patch 1.10, i do recall seeing lots of two-handed WW barbs back then wearing Grandfathers and Hellslayers, guess i have to change my wording a bit :slight_smile:

Not that i am aware of

What?
v1.14d works perfectly for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzbkkFGoXLk&t=1s

I was talking about D2R.

I was talking about D2 in general since D2R is just a remaster of the same old game we have been playing for decades.
To be honest it has been several years since i played WW barb since i fell in love with the frenzy version but im glad u think it works now. I did however use one-handers since they just work better due to the wierd interactions going on with WW when it comes weapon range, speed and spinning through large packs of mobs

My whirlwind meta in D2 LoD v1.14d is one of the most powerful builds in the game. It kills Diablo faster than any other character or build. https://youtu.be/Lgy1bQXuq4o?si=s3XTwTsmIB0v-0eD Less than 1 second hell Diablo kill.

The first video I linked you is me using my meta to kill Hephasto, clear Chaos, Diablo, Nihlathak and Tomb Vipers, the Throne and Baal all in 8 minutes on /p8. I’m yet to see any other build in the game do this, this fast, and I could have done it faster. My LoD ww barb can clear chaos in 4 minutes on /p8, while importing the same character to D2R it takes over 10 minutes.

In D2 LoD ww weapon speed is only influenced by weapon speed, and the highest breakpoints were easily met - no other off weapon speed works. With D2R, you cannot come close to reaching the highest breakpoints using a 2hander weapon, because they made it so the highest breakpoints need two weapons, plus gloves and amulet.

I think the problem with ww in D2R is the overlay doesn’t allow v1.14d ww to work properly.

You might be right im not really sure, all i know is that one-handers seem to work a lot better than two-handers in D2R.

He also said before to not expect D2 remaster but here we are.

I think we should change ‘do not expect significant changes’ to’ do not expect any changes’

They are not broken. I have a HCNL IK barb that i play from time to time and he does completely fine.

Even better than before, now i can socket whatever the hell i want in the maul instead of having to do IAS jewels or Shaels. Like Um for ubers, or 2xOhm for damage

It is broken, very broken, and the only reason you think it’s fine is because you’re not an avid ww player. As you read on, please note that I said avid, and I did not say bad or noob.

Not even close. To reach max breakpoints on the IK ogre maul in D2 LoD it only need an extra 25% ias to reach them. Now it requires 125%. I’ve read that my TM requires 174% IAS. This greatly weakens the 2hander builds compared to D2 LoD. However, there is something else going on when playing with the overlay that negatively affects whirlwind. Playing ww without the overlay has a slight improvement. There seem to be a serious AR problem when play with the overlay on.

I was doing the same thing in D2 LoD, using IK for my torches 15 years ago. It’s not new. But here’s the thing, you’re not using ww to kill ubers, you’re using concentrate, because ubers do not leech mana and life. Off weapon weapon speed works for the central pillar attacks in D2 LoD, just like in D2R, so in D2 LoD the IK is reaching max breakpoints using only the 40% ias on the maul, plus the 25% from the gauntlets when using concentrate.

Btw, IK has terrible damage, you’ll never get it to 10K. My current LoD ww barb using eBotD has 20K ww damage, and with the right charms I can easily get it to 24K, possibly even 30K, and my eBotD isn’t even close to a perfect damage roll, and the damage it has is before CS or DS, and before the use of my Amp charges. If I land a max damage hit, with CS or DS on an Amped monster I dealing 80K max damage. That’s how I can kill hell Diablo in less than 1 second in D2 LoD.

But none of that matters in D2R, because my imported eBotD ww barb and my imported IK barb take 3x as long to clear Chaos than they do in D2 LoD. That does not equal “Even better than before”

And for some strange reason whirlwind frequently just stops mid whirlwind, and I have to re-click to reactive the skill instead of just being able to continuously whirlwind by holding the mouse button down.

so it is fair to say he has no idea what hes talking about

I’m not going to make that assumption. I’m sure he still receives royalty checks and he knows more people behind the walls of Blizzard than all of us on this forum combined.

So you are assuming that people are willfully sharing confidential information and material with a competitor? I ll make an assumption, hes talking about his personal feelings and personal feelings are just that, personal. I wholeheartedly believe what he says should be dismissed except the part about d4 sucking

"And they’ve kind of said, 'That’s good enough for now, we’re just going to kind of move on. And I think that, you know, it felt like a very respectful decision to me, which was really nice.”