Does anyone else have issues with Teleporting?

I feel like my Sorc is teleporting multiple times at some points without moving. It also appears on the map she is not moving how she should.

It does not feel very fluent if I hold it down.

Internet connection is great and wired. Computer is top end. So its not a PC issue.

It sounds like connection instability to me, either due to heavy ping jitter and/or packet loss. I’d experience the same problems playing the original game when the connection was going crazy.

You can use the following tool to help pinpoint which hop is having problems. You can then export the logs and forward them to your internet service providers technical support department, they may be able to forward them to the correct tech support department of the problematic hop to get the issue fixed.

Download winMTR:

Plug your regions IP into WinMTR and click Start. Let it run for a good 20 minutes. You might be able to forward the logs to your ISP, they may be able to forward the logs to the appropriate tech department to help solve the issue.

Region IP Address 2nd IP Address
North America 137.221.106.88 137.221.106.188
Europe 37.244.28.80 37.244.28.180
Asia 117.52.35.79 117.52.35.179
1 Like

you have too much fcr try do drop it to 70 or 40

You likely hover the mouse over a clickable without noticing, I started moving the mouse slightly (up/down, left/right doesn’t matter just so it’s not always directly exactly at the same spot) during teleport when I noticedthis and this partially solved the issue, using a controller completely removed it for me.

I had it a lot and have over 600 Mbps up and 800 Mbps down stable internet with a pretty solid PC.
Also noticed it when on the laptop while doing LAN with a friend who has good internet aswell.
So combining the above with having max of 1 “missfire” teleport when moving the mouse and no “missfire” on controller, I’d say D2r issue.

That’s a latency issue. You may have a fast internet connection for throughput, but the latency from you to the Blizzard servers is the issue.

Latency issue vote. I hang out on different server. Every time I play in Asia I get the TP lag. Makes me dizzy sometimes. Fun stuff. The reason is my distance and all the hops to get to that server.

I have same issues sometime playing offline sp so i guess you can exclude internet connection problems. Something with registering target direction when muuse button is pressed constantly??

or probably this

it’s probably not latency. it happens if you try to teleport onto certain objects or off the map iirc…

to test this op, simply try teleporting nonstop over very short distances in a wide open area such as outside of act 2… if there is really a latency issue it will occur in this experiment. if teleport works fine in short distances, we can conclude that you are targeting these areas which cause the spell not to work.

This is connection instability 100%, server lag = multiple teleports with little distance covered. Happens to me every time I go to a different region.

ping usually 150++… 20 char

hi are this ip addres same for all blizzard game?do you know how to check for cod modern warfare?

Is there a way to fix a latency issue?
It there a reason I only notice it with teleport?

You will notice it if you try to pass through doors when there are a lot of mobs as well.
Teleporting with latency is very obvious thought

Check your internet connection.
Make sure you are logged into the correct region of yours
Make sure that you are joined in a game with low latency

There isn’t too much you can do for latency. The first thing that I would suggest is to use a network cable, which you are doing. Then if your ISP supports it, set the stability profile. Choose the server closest to you, and don’t route through a VPN or any other diversion.

I was having the same issue (ping spiking from 40 to 500+, lag when dragged item in inventory etc). Tracert was showing spikes between local address and wan so I rebooted router & internet modem and it’s fixed. Just wanted to share just in case it might be helpful.

My issue with Teleporting is that I cannot due to a lack of Jah and Ber runes :smile: lol

1 Like

My only problem with teleporting is how it can be used to avoid playing the game to get to farmable named mobs.