Discussion about Drop rates

So not 100% sure how tagging works on this site.
I’m hoping to add to a conversation was reading in the general discussion section with @Zax

I tend to be on the same side as people who say drop rates are fine. However that being said I think they need to be reworked. It doesn’t make much sense to me that low level sets are hard to complete by the time they would be useful in a playthrough. Also for the better sets/uniques. Realistically you don’t get them before you get a runeword that surpasses it’s abilities. I have bers/Cham/zod/Los but no IK armor or HOZ. I’m not thinking it should be a guarantee to find any specific item but more so that it should maybe be easier to get uniques/sets as they are weaker than their rune word alternatives for the most part.

Curious to thoughts. Also hate that after a year I still can’t post in general discussion where there’s actually conversations going on

Dude I just finished my Berserker set on my level 75 Barbarian and it’s awesome!

It’s funny. I dont have any Los or Zods or Bers or Jahs but I’ve found IK armor and HoZ. I think that’s the great part of the game. Stuff drops and it may be useful to you now, never or you could’ve used it 30 levels ago. I don’t think anything drop related needs to change

2 Likes

farm Pindleskin for IK armor. Pindle only takes < 30 seconds. So, you get like, 10 drops in the same time you kill baal. 6-8 drops in the time you chaos.
Alternatively just farm any Alvl85 or Terrorzone on a level 83 minimum char.

I have found it both Single Player and Online. It really isnt worth the time to farm though…

My nemesis is Tal Ammy
4 armor not one ammy… rip

I think have 4 copies of IK Armor on my non-ladder character. (Haven’t looked at the inventory since ladder reset though, so i might have lost them…) But I run Pindle/halls and Countess more than any other content. Your MF is also important for this. As lower MF tends to get more runes, middle MF (120-180) typically gets more sets and quality rares, while 200+ is where its at for Uniques.

I am also in the “drop rates are fine” camp. In this current ladder im still going through Nightmare, and Im swimming in runes and set items more than anything else.

My problem item happens to be plain or socketed Matriarchal or GMBs… mostly bows for runewords actually…