Diablo vet new to console for D2R.. any tips you can give me?

Been playing Diablo games since 2012 but played almost exclusively on pc up until D4 and played on my Xbox. Controller play felt so good I wanted to give it a shot for D2, it was 20 bucks on sale for the prime evil collection so I snagged it.

Anything and everything you can tell me about how to play the game and navigate inventories and stash and vendors would be greatly affected. Or anything else I wouldn’t think is extremely different, I played for an hour earlier and the combat is fine but I’m fumbling my controller trying to figure out the controller mapping and how to access things.

Unfortunately, this is not something that most people can/will advice you about. We have our own preferences, playstyles, etc so we are playing the game differently. Most of your questions will be answered by experience, just keep playing and you will find out how the game mechanics work.

For other technical/hero build related questions, there are plenty of resources including this forum, youtube streamers, etc. Keep searching and keep slaying.

There is an option in the menu to have 2 different hot key for weapon swap. If you find that you don’t have enough buttons, turn it on

Be careful what you map to the bottom button since it always picks up items. If it’s your main attack button, you will constantly be picking up junk

The ‘loot to cube’ and ‘pick up loot’ general buttons will be your best friends around portals and doors :slight_smile: