Diablo II Resurrected Team

Well, it’s hard to hope anything from Blizzard in its current state anyways. They’ve clearly hit rock bottom (or maybe they could go even lower). I’m not convinced Microsoft is a good company, but I don’t think there can be anything worse than the current one.

PS :
Just to clarify, I don’t think the issue comes from the devs, it comes from the top and the marketing parts of the company, which are the sole focus of the company.

1 Like

Ya they need to fix concentration aura so it works with bone spear and other magic spells not just hammer… be nice to see other class bonuses added to gloves other then amazon and assassin… for the love of diablo 2, LET DOOM be able to be made out of a sword, swords can have 5os also not just axes and polearms… plenty of stuff to fix in a 2.8 patch release. Took 2 decades for a remaster… Ty but pick up the pace. DIABLO 2 is the only game in the whole world still for sale on walmarts shelf after 2 decades. NO OTHER GAME CAN SAY THE SAME. Stop neglecting us devs.

2 Likes

Well to be fair that’s only because they don’t have anything else to put on that shelf, and they still ain’t sold all the boxes.

Meh the dev team has done a crap job on everything post 2.4, and the community manager needs replaced though.

Think they don’t want Doom to be made out of a sword to prevent barb mercenaries from wielding it. Or act 3 cold sorcs.

They should just allow act 5 mercenaries to wield axes.

It wouldn’t hard for Pez to just give us a sign of life and show that he still cares about D2R.
Just something like “Hey guys, we’ve been overwhelmed by D4 and we’re trying to not overlap the Ds, but we’ll update you within the next week with the upcoming ladder reset. Keep Slayin’”
That would make all the difference between a good community manager and the on we currently have.

Okay, okay, maybe minus SweetPhil’s quote at the end.

1 Like

Anyone checked his twitter or Reddit?
Sorry, his X ?

He is more active there than here.

It would be nice if they alternate the updates on the Diablo games.

We don’t actually have one. :laughing: I don’t think Pez is really looking into the D2 community, not necessarily that he doesn’t care, but rather than he’s been assigned other priorities.
I’d say chances are even that he’s been asked specifically to communicate as little as possible.

I think it’s more likely that they didn’t specifically tell him to, so instead of taking 5m to post something he’s working out, or walking his dog, or something.

i agree. the old skeleton crew for original bnet started to implement apis for it to allow non-invasive channel bots to have a way to make channels fun and easy to use. it never got very far unfortunately. but even then, the old bnet lobby system was so much better than the current one.

2 Likes

I have requested the same here: Most wanted requirements status - #2 by BadHabits-1970

No answer yet. The level of lack of interest about D2R community is too high.

D2R definitely deserves something bigger than D3 is getting being a newer release and legendary title while D3 was disappointment.

Regarding the microsoft acquisition discussion:

While I would agree on the windows as an OS front, comparing this to their games is just apples to oranges.

That said, as an avid AO2 player, its relaunch and remake was one the best things done for the ailing RTS community. Not only they ironed out the game without hurting its core, they added a ton of new content, including Single player campaigns (and they were good admittedly).

Who is to say they dont do something about this game as well? Its popular enough.

Pez come on dude where you hiding? Someone update us.

New D2R version detected on BlizzTrack, hmm…

2 Likes

LOL wow! didn’t expect that

and what can this mean for us peasants?

Most likely just backend updates for Bnet, especially considering updates for Hearthstone and SC2 went out at the same time. Sign of life at least, even if it amounts to nothing. :laughing:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised, if we get an announcement about ladder 5 later this week.
2 more weeks and ladder 4 is 4 months old. I know that D3 S29 is coming soon probably September 8th(or 15th latest).
But if they planned D2R ladder for 4 months, then there’s still a chance that ladder 5 will start soon in September.
Hopefully, we get some nice quality of life changes for next patch.
D2R is my favourite game at moment. D4 was a big dissapointment :frowning: