Diablo II Resurrected Team

Hey Adam and Team,

Just wondering if you might have some transparency about D2R future / patches, content , etc… moving forward. While I know your primary focus is likely Diablo IV the player base from D2R deserves to have an update fairly certain we’ve been on the same patch since early May.

Let us know. Thanks!

3 Likes

I think your name accurately describes their feelings about D2R…

8 Likes

Here here! I’d like to know some info as well. Also, did anyone see how D4 has lost some 600k players from S1? Just have to LOL about that :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah well that’s definetly how it feels :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blizzards transparency on D2:R always = “To Be Determined”

2 Likes

How much new content/updates etc. did WC3 Remaster get and still gets? There’s your answer. This is a remaster. They are not going to sink in tons of money on developers to create new content (ie. acts etc). Be thankful they even did some of the things they have already.

Personally, I would rather see a D2 full blown remake like what Capcom did with RE 4. Keep the core the same but change some things and add some new things etc.

Hey @PezRadar, can you give us some light about the next d2r ladder/patch?

2 Likes

Yeah Adam please respond here or someone else handling D2R related questions.

2 Likes

I remember after hours of PVP or doing whatever runs back in the day, I could get lost in just chatting in the lobby I landed in. Or jumping over the “Druid Grove”, you guys remember those? I miss these so bad, along with the “!” function in game.

3 Likes

The fact they block the overhead from happening makes no sense to me. Chat is buggy never works a ton of the time and at least with !text you could chat. They probably stop it to prevent bots from spamming d2 stores etc.

Around the time D2R was announced or released, it was announced it would be a live service game, i.e. it would get continuous updates. Technically, it has to date, but the lack of communication is concerning.

4 Likes

and what a terrible idea that was. i’m pretty sure their goal was to get everyone to stop playing their games so they can shut the servers off to save money.

1 Like

well we all love D2.

But i doubt that D2R team is even exist.

They spent a thousand times more effort even on trash d3, not to mention d4. D2R has always been a product that was cheap enough to make and at the same time sell a lot of copies, they are simply not interested in its development.

1 Like

Yeah remove the old Diablo 2 gameplay and insert Diablo 3 for the greatest challenge of all! Fighting extreme boredom and induced narcolepsy from the exhilerating gameplay! Diablo 3 is truly their crowning achievement.

1 Like

I’d just like to hear some information about season 5

2 Likes

At this point, I think it’s reasonable to hope for the Microsoft acquisition to be as quick as possible. When this gets through, we have a hope that they get back to trying to make the best products possible. For now, it feels like they just want to focus on whatever makes them the most money and drop the rest.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t expect much out of Microsoft either TBH. Look at Windows 11, the live service OS that has spent 2 years failing at returning removed functionality from Windows 10.

Not that third party software didn’t fix most of that in 2 months…

1 Like

Well, it’s hard to hope anything from Blizzard in its current state anyways. They’ve clearly hit rock bottom (or maybe they could go even lower). I’m not convinced Microsoft is a good company, but I don’t think there can be anything worse than the current one.

PS :
Just to clarify, I don’t think the issue comes from the devs, it comes from the top and the marketing parts of the company, which are the sole focus of the company.

1 Like

Ya they need to fix concentration aura so it works with bone spear and other magic spells not just hammer… be nice to see other class bonuses added to gloves other then amazon and assassin… for the love of diablo 2, LET DOOM be able to be made out of a sword, swords can have 5os also not just axes and polearms… plenty of stuff to fix in a 2.8 patch release. Took 2 decades for a remaster… Ty but pick up the pace. DIABLO 2 is the only game in the whole world still for sale on walmarts shelf after 2 decades. NO OTHER GAME CAN SAY THE SAME. Stop neglecting us devs.

2 Likes

Well to be fair that’s only because they don’t have anything else to put on that shelf, and they still ain’t sold all the boxes.