Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4.3. | Now Live

Sad to see there’s still nothing about Cain being moved next to stash in Act 5.

:sob:

The old way:
Act 5 run, go kill Baal, maybe get loot.
Next game, run down, ID stuff at Cain, sell stuff at Larzuk/stash goods, go farm some more.
Next game, rinse and repeat.

The new way:
Act 5 run, go kill Baal, maybe get loot.
Next game, run to Malah, buy ID scrolls/manually ID, sell junk, run down, stash any goods, go farm some more.
Next game, rinse and repeat.

Or they could move Cain up close to Malah? :slight_smile:

Looks good overall. Still, I was hoping you guys would tackle the spambot issue with this lobby fix.

3 Likes

It is true. Nothing in the article says that :frowning_face:

1 Like

very happy with the communication and announcement

now he will make new character making new rune word ect,

but my account run out of room ??? do blizzard will give us or sell us character slot and shared stash ???

Change the stash in Classic D2R so it will be bigger and have the stash tabs

3 Likes

Yea I second this. From the wording of it, it seems to be available only for “controllers”? Please make it available on PC as well, huge QoL improvement

1 Like

Thanks! Cain, Whirlwind and game lobby filter! Wa wa wee waa!

Can we have monthly ban waves or some kind of routine?

Search feature is a huge improvement.

Looks like we don’t get a filter option for the age of the game though (to filter out older games)?

The ping-filter seems to only be a feature for console lobby for some reason. Would that not also be useful for PC players?

No PVP/FHR/FBR/Breakpoints fix…

rest sounds good, yet PVP still broken.

1 Like

Not sure that I like it

• Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.

If I use titanseal calc for basic attack, it would need a lot of ias to get even 9 frames, so I’m not sure what they exactly mean by The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack which sounds to me a lot slower than current WW.

So I guess it’s calculated differently? At least I hope so. Maybe some native speaker can explain it to me?

1 Like

No. This is the dumbest idea yet. Please kindly go play d3 if you enjoy trash like this.

Yea, I don’t understand what they’re saying exactly. If you look at a calculator, the way they describe it would make WW attack a lot less frequently than it currently does, but then they specifically say it will attack as often or more, so I guess they just explained it in an odd way.

Nothing in the update seems D3 related to me.

D3 doesn’t have magic find weekends. A 50% MF buff also doesn’t remotely compare to the baseline drop rates in D3 at any difficulty level (maybe normal?). Pretty sure that level of MF isn’t obtainable.

2 Likes

Im not sure how I feel about the magic find weekend. Like is it just adding 50% to everyone? if so that defeats making a 0 MF char to farm bases. If you want to change how MF affects drop chances I don’t see an issue with that, but giving everyone in game 50% increase seems… Dumb. If anything people would only want increased rune drop chances and I don’t want that personally. so I’m confused on the target for this weekend change. is there any reason for this? or are you trying to ruin diablo 2 by making diablo 3 changes and increasing things by 10000%?

2 Likes

go back to the graveyard gramps

4 Likes

Bit of an overreact, +50% isn’t really much and it only lasts a few days

2 Likes

They also Say ww should attack “at least” as fast as before , so the calculations must have changed.

Imo , i understand it like a buff to slow weapons :
Taking the old BPs , a 2h wep (non sword ) would need 60 ias on the weapon itself .

With the change , (the way i see it) a glorious Axe could reach said BP (EBOTD) by using outside weapon IAs and still reach the 4 frames pero attack .

If You cap the ww at 9frames (as berserk or concéntrate) that would mean a horrendous nerf… more than 120% nerf.

Tdlr: read the whole change and understand it aa a buff in mind. The "at least as fast as before " leads to take it as a buff aimed to 2h weapons and weapon diversity at the barbs choice

I liked Jay wilsons’ diablo 3 vanilla more than I liked w/e it is now. Only down side to d3 when it came out was the Real money AH. Take that out and enable in game trading and D3 wasn’t bad considered to w.e the heck D3 is now. That game is poop. If they keep making stupid changes like this D2 will become poop too.

Jeez it’s just for a weekend. Don’t :poop: your pants instantly.

5 Likes

So Diablo II is ruined because there’s a 50% magic find bonus for a few days…? It’s like if you socketed your armor with 2 perfect topaz for a week; not exactly game breaking

6 Likes

did I once say it was ruined? I said I don’t know how I feel about it. Get your white knight attitude out of here and go troll people on hello kitty island adventures 2.