Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

Also - This is answer to make a5 barb worthwhile. 2x swords would do it.

1 Like

He has animation only with one sword tho. Also he doesnt really need two one handed sword because his dmg with one handed swords is doubled.

agree with you, though the animation should be easily interchangable with the barbarian we play. they use the same body type.

1 Like

Also, those AI controlled barbs fighting out of A5 town dual wield swords already. The 2 swords isnt for damage, its to have 2x weapons that aid the player. Doom for holy freeze, Lawbringer for sanctuary and decrep, Azurewrath for sanctuary, first blood (or whatever its called) for Might.

Idk, maybe that is the reason why he cant use two weapons.

I cant say I like this, every character+merc will have 6 auras and 4 curses soon.

1 Like

It does not matter you can still get Act2 merc anyway. It is about to give options I am afraid that barb merc changes does not made him much more attractive.

1 Like

i think most people fail to see what he offers. for instance the plague runeword caught quite a bit criticism. but a a5 with this one will constantly cast lower res lvl 12, that can break 110% lightning res. he needs to take 5 hits in 45 seconds for it to be on constantly. also an average 1.6k life merc should be able to take 32-64 hits (baal’s minion damage 50-100) before dying with 50% damage reduction. that is an option for infinity. for cham, instead of 2 ber.
these are things that people will only realize while playing.
during my last playthrugh i had 20 % chance to cast frostnova on my lvl 18 sorc. i was freezing every mob that attacked me in arcane.

That is a cool alternative, but still it seems inferior to the infinity. Main reason is a kill speed. Conv. Aura is almost instant no need to wait to someone hit the merc. So once you are able to afford it. Casters I belive will still prefer old good way.

sure, but it is what you said: an option (cost vs kill efficiency)

1 Like

Changes are interesting…but a lot of the skills you buffed at still unusable.

Biggest example being Summon Druids. The mechanic that makes them unplayable hasn’t been addressed, and that’s the limiter that prevents you from using more than one type of damage/tank summon.

2 Likes

I play every character solo, from level 1 all the way through, and do every single quest in all three difficulties…The “end game” for diablo 2 is terrible. It needs a new end game.