Diablo II: Resurrected Patch 2.4 Balance PTR

so I guess we’re still going to be chasing the hammerdin/lightning javazons/sorceresses .

I think these minor tweaks are underwhelming to a significant enough extent that a director should be fired immediately, to be replaced by someone who can develop a decent hack-n-slash.
that carbot animations guy had good ideas, give him the job.

Do not change Thorns.

I think it’s needed, since monsters do relatively low damage.

1 Like

Thunderstorm really could use a buff to damage without adding a synergy. 60 points is asking a bit much for what thunderstorm does.

Same thing with the cold armors and hydra. Needing to invest in two synergies really kills skill diversity, especially on sorc, because we are already are so limited on the amount of viable dual element builds. Maxing the respective mastery should be enough to make these skills viable.

If would have been fun to see Nova/hydra or Nova Frozen orb builds instead of just one cookie cutter Nova build for the lighting tree and one hydra build.

Frozen orb could use a buff too. Ice bolt is only useful because it’s a synergy. Can’t really use it effectively so it doesn’t feel good to spend twenty points on it. I’d remove the synergy and add the damage back into the skill.

Original impale perform one hit around 1second, which is ranging between 19f to 25f, smite, on the other hand hitting target at 6f per hit, so by the time impale does one hit, smite has done 3-4 hits already.

Unless they make impale normal attack speed, I doubt it would be useful in Uber

Don’t forget just because it is not interruptible does not mean you will not receive sage during that time. What it means during the whole attack animation you are stuck with tanking damage.

Dragon flight will gain “always hit” only when you have charges from the skills in the middle or the left side.

As of Druid:

• Cyclone Armor and Hurricane can now be cast in Werewolf or Werebear form (good and needed change)
  • Armageddon improvement always welcome
  • Fury and Rabies attack rating bonus increased (very good change as they were too low previously)
  • Spirit of Barbs will deal a flat amount of damage when the aura-effected targets are attacked (oh, LOL - this might prove really OP. If I understand this correctly, this is on attack, not on striking, then having 5 ravens, 5 spirit wolves, using fast Fury equipped with Hurricane and Armageddon, etc. can be super damaging - really happy with that… gonna test it on PTR first.
  • Raven - love them - and now +12% damage per level from other three summons, noted, very nice. I was hoping here to have unlimited hits for ravens, recasting them every 5 hits … hmm, not sure about this one.
  • Spirit Wolf: now deal cold damage and chill for a duration - interesting, just thinking now if they could deal lightning damage with a chance to stun as the druid is lack of lightning damage support.
  • Poison Creeper synergy with Rabies: really happy with this.

Pierce, mana management and cannot be frozen let you swap from razor, raven and insight to thundergods, SoJ and infinity, IMHO only a griffons can beat that helmet for javazone, and even that’s close.

Also won’t some of the skill changes will impact monsters performance too? Like Leap Attack will be super fast and a lot stronger on Korlic (perhaps on Leapers in Act 2 too), or the new aura mechanic will make Duriel even more dangerous on normal? Just to name a few which came into my mind…

am i the only one who is sad ?

The buff of Blade Sentinel is good, But the main problem of this skill is the way it moves.

the fire golem might have huge damage now…at level 45 he will have a level 90 aura. even without changes that is 1.5k fire damage to groups (63 yards range, 15 yards is basically the whole screen) with damage changes that would be 90% more, so 3k damage. and at close range even 6k damage

If you mean these changes and runewords didn’t really address the core problems in D2 or shakeup the meta in the slightest, no you’re not the only one.

Thought that was exactly the point of 2.4?
Add more viability for underperforming builds without changing the meta.

Then why would anyone roll other builds? The majority of people will still roll lightning based characters due to immunity breaking via infinity or else hammerdins. I don’t see a lot of these changes really doing much. Take the fire druid improvements for example, Armageddon still won’t hit things reliably and volcano still has a high cooldown. This means you have no way to deal with all of the fire immunities in hell other than waiting on a slow Merc to kill the majority. Or else you’re relegated to farming ilvl 85 areas with no immunes, but the monster density sucks. Fire trappers will still be pretty useless in hell also. FoH will still be mediocre in PvM, the holy bolts only work on undead enemies still. Melee zons will still be weak due to limited spear runewords and something like Zeal being way better due to paladin’s auras. Skills like vengeance didn’t receive any changes and will still be dead also. Etc. Etc.

1 Like

lol why do i run a bowsorc? because it’s fun :smiley:

1 Like

Im super disappointed in the FoH change, it’s not like that foh is a godlike skill that needs a CD, wish they would have removed the CD completely to be able to use it effective. It’s the last row skill, shouldn’t it be a tiny bit more usefull, if it has a CD it should be a aoe hitting all mobs around

Ladder start: Sorc… as every ladder for mf.

Endgame? Sorc > Hammerdin > all… but they are not powerful engouh, make Obsession (+7 skills weapon for sorcs) and plague swords only…

I dont want power creep, but i dont want to play the same every season to be competitive.

MTE. People will tell you to play other builds for fun, but when they’re not really viable in hell as a farming character, it just feels bad. We will still see the same classes being played sadly. The changes didn’t go far enough. Mf sorcs here we come.

1 Like

Once again, meeles are crap at PvM and the most potential rune (zod for eth weapons) is now a staff for more sorc power.

Thats all stupid. Yes, lots of changes but nothing will change.
You can make some funny builds if you are done with that season… thats it.

2 Likes