Diablo II: Resurrected Ladder Season Two Has Concluded

I love the changes! Sunder charms will do wonders opening up build variety. Hopefully, we don’t end up with too many builds that can do everything. I like having some specialization and needing multiple characters to complete goals.

I’m a single player, so I wanted to voice that I hope we can see the changes rolled out there as well :slight_smile:

Still no penalty on Infinity, still easy to brake light immunes with it and deal OP dmg.

Still nothing about Cain being moved next to the stash in act 5…

Change a few positional bytes for his spawn/loiter flag… Presto, done… Nope, too hard. Requires a year of work to do… 32 bit code and all…

:man_facepalming:

Blizzard...

Seriously... What must we do in order for you to make this change which is widely accepted by the player base? WHAT DO WE HAVE TO DO? WE KEEP ASKING FOR IT, AND IT'S NOT HAPPENING!

Act1 - Cain next to stash.
Act2 - Cain next to stash.
Act3 - Cain next to stash.
Act4 - Cain next to stash.
Act5 - Cain NOT next to stash.

9 Likes

No item level tooltip either in the notes, which has been brought up numerous times during the ptr feedback.

Guess I may load up my Ladder Bowazon in a bit and play some Terror Zones.

1 Like

So is there any update for us Single Player folks or not?

2 Likes

I for one will go hammers, since I don’t need to kill hell baal to take advantage of magic damage, nor do I need a charm. I’ll have a char that can 1 point fanat to kill the first d clones quickly.

I’m excited to trade sunder Gcs for an arm and a leg to people who are desperate for them. Lol

1 Like

Terror zones in single player? That’s odd. Didn’t they say they don’t want it in SP yet?

1 Like

after 2 week season 2 will be dead

no thx s2

3 Likes

This is my only mission in life is to find this out

is script in lobby broken ?

many game " read " don’t show the script

Damn those TZs are so easy already without Sunder Charm, even with my Summon Druid which is even after 2.4 more of a fun build. I know it’s an easy game, but come on, a little bit of challange, just give /p8 after all this changes that drives towards solo…

1 Like

Okay i missread. No TZ in SP. Phew…

So the message is encoded with Vigenere cipher (thank you to redditor u/kenada1229 for finding the right cipher). When you have used the online decoder, it will suggest that the key to the code is “Resurrected”. Thus, the message is:

So many gems
what do these orange
numbers mean

That text itself refers to the lobby chat blue gem in DII. You can click it and the gem will announce that it is activated in the chat, clicking again - deactivated. However, very rarely it may produce a string of nine orange digits. What do they mean - nobody knows. When Blizzard were questioned for explanation, they responded that the chat gem works as intended. Quite cryptic, but it’s nothing more than that. I assume that it is just a nod to surrealism observed in Lynchian movies, just like “Twin Peaks” or “Mullholland Drive”. Ongoing mystery is more interesting than the closure to that mystery.
All this led me to infer that the ARG (short for Alternate Reality Game), that a community manager initiated in the Post Scriptum section of the patchnotes, is nothing more than the reference to that ongoing Diablo II mystery of the true purpose of that chat gem. There is nothing beyond it.

At first, when the patchnotes just got posted here on the forums, the picture at the bottom with the cryptic message was cropped (or rather - zoomed in so that notebook and the manual would take up almost all space designated for the picture). It was only showing the bottom side of the “Malum Superest” coin that lies on the right page of the opened notebook and anything below that notebook wasn’t seen when I was doing my little “investigation”. Some hours later, the image expanded to now include the coin with the MacGuffin itself - the blue chat gem. The funny thing is: on the coin it is inscribed “Resurrected” (which is the key to the cipher of the ARG) and “Keep the core” with the bizarre mint date “??? - 2021”. I still have no idea what that newly revealed part about keeping to the core could imply.

2 Likes

That was my suggestion I left during the PTR also.

Nice not listening to us and going through with garbage charms and not nerfing hammerdin. Where is the melee boost and WB unnerf?

The Terror Zones sound effects reminds me of Aliens (movie).

Trav TZ is kinda lame. Smaller zones need mob density increases. TZ overall needs to have mob density increases in general, it’s TERRORIZED and to me that means it’s just overwhelming in danger and such. I’d like to see increased density in general for this cool thing.

2 Likes

where are these 10k player agree for these change is over 6 hour you are stuck with only 7 like :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: what a lie d2re 2.5 is just so bad

these 10k player not able to push the like button what a shame :thinking:

3 Likes

If I could downvote this patch, I’d do so as many times as possible to try and get your attention that you’re basically making game balance worse and fundamentally breaking the game by making Unique Monster modifiers irrelevant. These have been around since the game’s inception so they’re effectively a core mechanic.

Monster Immunity on Trash was put in place as a check to player power via the synergy system. That meant every Trash Monster in the game was immune to something to encourage hybrid builds and group play, two things that are destroyed with Sunder Charms. Yeah the current system is slanted towards certain builds but these builds(save for one) have limitations and only excel with expensive end-game gear. The one build that is left could be brought down a peg or two with balance changes but 2.5 does nothing to address this.

Since Trash were immune, it made Unique and Super Unique encounters that much tougher because they were more likely to be double immune with the potential of being triple or quadruple immune like Kaa the Soulless. Kaa was feared just for that very reason. Now he and Unique encounters are a joke thanks to these charms.

Obviously it’s your intent to reverse Trash immunity but that would require significant changes to skills, specifically with synergies and scope of power. Yet rather than go through and change these skills, much less changing monster resistance to 95 while retaining the difficulty of Champions and Unique packs, you’ve trivialized them into 1-skill goes BRRR power trips with these charms.

As a result the gaps between casters and melee have only grown and two Sunder charms are completely irrelevant: Magic and Physical.

Magic is pointless because the only Magic Immunes are Plague Bearers in Lost City and Greater Mummies in Tal Tasha’s Tomb, Act 3 Sewers or Wave 2 of Baal. Greater Mummies aren’t a problem because they spawn with minions you can Corpse Explode/have Merc finish off) while Plague Bearers can easily be avoided or killed with alternative damage(Merc/Poison/Corpse Explosion). Paladins have Sanctuary/Holy Bolt/FoH for them. As for the Wailing Beasts they don’t spawn in TZ’s. Physical is pointless because Curses are more effective and does nothing to close the power gap.

TLDR: Reconsider/Remove Sunder Charms. TZ’s break up the 99 monotony but the logic execution on these charms is asinine.

6 Likes

Please adjust terror zones so they will change to another area after 20 minutes?

Having to wait an hour is far too long