Diablo 2 Resurrected Ladder refund?

and yet here we are, well over a month later without EVEN A DATE for ladder. I have been asking for a refund for weeks. Apparently playing a game while waiting for what you actually paid for / wanted means they dont have to deliver anything. Anyone defending this is trash. They sold and advertised a finished product and this isnt even close. Refunds should have been given out a while ago and then if someone wants to rebuy the game later thats their choice.

1 Like

Heh. Wait, this was changed?. They specifically used the term soon. I saw it with my own eyes.

So i have a question. How long is soon, before they are liable for breaking that word?

1 Like

Blizzard SOONtm is a trademark for a reason :wink:

1 Like

Oh i know, but my question still stands, on a realistic level.

As is now, isn’t that completely shady to have changed the wording, and offering no refunds, and everything going on? Again, just for some quick history fill, i don’t want a refund, that’s not my point at all.

Blizzard puts the Fu in Refund.

1 Like

No, I don’t think it changed.

Soon after release - when the servers and game are stable. Was the jist of it.

So they said “soon” and then qualified that with a fairly concrete idea of what conditions have to be met first.

I would not say we are ready for Ladder, although the crashing is better than it was, the rollbacks stopped, the total server crashes stopped, the delete char button got improved, and the queues are going down.

Lobby needs to be improved and the bugs with reporting/blocking not muting would be nice to fix.

Until they get this Database thing fixed though a ladder is not realistic. I can’t imagine how angry people would be with real ladder stuck in a queue - and you KNOW the servers will get crushed again for ladder release.

That’s true.

My personal threshold is about 3 months. If it’s not out by End of year, I will demand my refund.

I suppose that’s fair, i could agree. We are at nearly 2… O,o

Why do you keep defending the incompetence of this company here? Why wouldn’t you spend that time with your family, your children instead?

I doubt they’d honor it and at 3 months out you might be pass chargeback period FYI (assuming US)

1 Like

They better honor it. “Soon” after launch shouldnt be 6 months later.

1 Like

That refund policy is great when you can “consume” the content as intended and advertised. But killing time waiting for them to get the game to that point shouldn’t count. Personally I think it’s pretty unethical of Blizzard not to provide refunds, for such a broken game. Heck they should be paying us for being so tolerant. lol

They literally sold us a 20 year old game most of us already friggin owned with some spit-shined graphics for $60 bucks. P.T. Barnum would be proud.

Yea ladder is useless if nothing is restricted, so they already did one major change to the game.

OP might wanna get that refund asap or roll hardcore offline lol.

And this was my entire point. If the company can NOT produce in a timely fashion what was claimed, well, imo, they should offer a no questions asked refund for the game at hand. To anyone that want’s one.

That would be the bare minimal least they could do for many reasons i shouldn’t have to explain. That said, nope, i still don’t want a refund, and never will. I made a choice to give blizzard one last payment for something i knew they may very well botch completely. That’s on me. I know what this company has been like for many years now, it wasn’t a blind buy, it wasn’t because i’m a loyal blizz fan, it was because its D2… (or rather, close enough) for now.

Played D2 when it first came out and was excited for Resurrected but No Ladder means Not playing and I wasted my money on this.

Bruh, I played D2 back in the day, and pretty sure ladder wasn’t a thing until 1.10 in 2004.

1 Like

This basically is a ladder. Don’t be so delusional as to think you have a shot at being on top anyway lmao.

You are correct. This was effectively a ladder. But I think most of us are eagerly awaiting the content changes promised with the official ladder start.

I dont know how to invite to this thread, but I perhaps thought you might remember where this quote is from. Its a fairly old quote, but we both go back awhile.

Unfortunately, they worded a lot of things they said very carefully so they wouldn’t be locked into having to do things (at least not any time soon). Not sure where the game is heading.