Cube Crafting reworks

This rework is made in 2 parts

Part 1: Rune crafting

Demo:

(Note: The demo is to show the mechanic, not particularly incredible results)

In this crafting you take a White item of your choice and transmute it with a unique scrap and a Rune

the result will be a Crafted (orange rare) item with the affix granted by the rune for this item type but also a couple of random affixes

Part 2: Theme Crafting (safety,caster,blood,etc)

Demo:

(Note: The demo is to show the mechanic, not particularly incredible results)

Like the traditional Theme crafting, you transmute a magic item+ a gem to dictate the nature of the craft

the change there is:

• No longer require a rune, requires unique cores instead

• can be any item of that type

In this crafting mechanic, the transmuted magic item actually retains its magic affixes, the “risk vs reward” part is the crafted affixes, they:

• Have 30% chance of spawning with 1 unique core invested in the recipe
  • Have 40% chance of spawning with 2 unique core invested in the recipe
  • Have 50% chance of spawning with 3 unique core invested in the recipe
  • Wider variation range ( ie: One of hit power weapon crafted affix being 1 to 100% dmg%)

this kind of system pushes a hype and incentive to identify magic items

Note that once a magic item is crafted, it cannot be crafted again

1 Like

There is only really one crafting recipe that I want.
I need to be able to deconstruct a gem into its parts.
In this way I can keep upgrading my Thul runes with chipped topaz gems.
Something like
topaz + rare hammer = 3 flawed topaz
flawed topaz + rare hammer = 3 chipped topaz

A recipe like this would be really cool, even tho I think I would rather farm some in normal. Seems like more efficient since we need specifically the RARE hammer.
But the idea is cool cause it doesn’t just need to be downgraded by just any gem.

I just removed the gem requirement for runes

Gave lower gems another purpose

And through the salvaging system you always want more gems, so you want to upgrade the gems up to perfect

If they were to make a 6th act, adding the jewel and rune affixes to the crafted items would be a lot of fun.

Craft in the game has lots and lots of things that can be improved, from simple changes like:

1. Show the ilevel of the items

2. Arrange the level req in the suffix and prefix tables

3. Remove the restriction on different weapons in cubemain.

This would already be a good upgrade, perhaps not exactly what the community expects. Necessary changes to the affix tables, taking gloves as an example, to end the ridiculous situation that the best level for crafting is better to be at level 76 and not 90+ need to be made, but it’s okay the last hasty change there was In the game it’s called mosaic, so I hope the devs do something right in that regard. And if they don’t, the game will end up cooling down and coming back and splitting into different modding communities.

I am particularly against a magical item being able to retain the affix, as this could end up stacking, and even if it were only possible once, several amulets would easily be stronger than the maras for example.

I’m in the mindset that sets and uniques are the creations of legendary figures of Sanctuary or items that carry a story with them

There ain’t no higher legend and/or story than ours during that game

The items we craft and defeat the prime evils are meant to be Unique level

It make sense we can craft powerful items

And also a mara is a mara when you find it

To craft such a powerful item you’d need to seek for an awesome base and then risk bricking it in the cube and even there you risk just having bad rolls