Delirium helm on a Merc, good or bad

I got a Merc equipped with:
1- Talrasha’s Horadric crest death mask
2- Insight bill
3- Treachery armor.
It worked pretty well, but I wanted to try the Delirium helm in place of the Talrasha. The result was very bad (in Hell, River of Flame). The merc kept dying an early death so I was forced to take it off the Merc. I want to share this experience here with everyone. Any comment is welcome.

Delirium is known to cause the game to crash if equipped on a merc

No, it didn’t crash when I played it. It’s just a poorly defense item for a Merc at Act 4 in Hell. A boss monster would kill it easily. Even though, early on at Talrasha tombs, it seemed to work pretty well.

so the crash issue is fixed now?
nice!

i use to use Delirium on my main character. is a good helm with plus 2 to skills and good defense with magic find. range archer and melee hit me and run away and get mind blasted are always fun to watch… whats not fun is you get turn into a little doll lol… not even akara can heal you back to normal… dont know if merc can turn into doll tho. if can then definitely a no no

Deli is not good helm.

Give him Andy with 15ias/fr jewel or just ral.
Tal rasha / Vamp gaze as medium helms.

I use Delerium on all my mercs it is great. My merc rarely dies. The procs this helm puts out are amazing. The enemy mobs are always getting confused, mindblasted, and feared. He doesn;t need life leech when the mobs arent attacking him. I’m not sure why people say this is a bad helm it is very overpowered imo.

I run this on my hammerdin merc with river of flame / chaos runs ( no nigma). The only time I ever worry about merc during the run is the 2nd and third seals.

2 Likes

Its the lack of life leech that is getting him killed. Maybe try it with a reapers toll if you dont need the mana from insight.

First off Defense is useless in PvM. Delirium is only for the lulz. Your merc sucked because zero life leech. For an Insight/Treachery merc you must use Vamps/CoT/Tals helm/Andys…

It is fantastic on a merc for farming D key… since it has a very high chance to proc and chaos the adds around Nihlatak.

1 Like

I just want to know how often the merc turns into a little doll, when he does, does he still attack things and carry this aura?

I would love a Doll merc!

It happens more often than you think 1% would give you.

Yes continues to fight and continues to retain all auras/on hit/cb

He turns in to doll from time to time, he still attacks and has auras.