Dead game ? Just purchased

The game list is currently at least a little bit broken. Sometimes when you first log on you’ll see the list shrink down to about 5 or 6 games from a full list if your paying attention. Like someone else in here said it does not show you any new games until you completely exit the game and close the launcher then restart the entire thing.

They have never explained the dodgy lobby to my knowledge or offered to fix it. Pretty bad considering if you cant find a multiplayer game to play in your restricted to paper thin monsters that die way too fast and drop almost nothing.

Seems like they want you to use something like discord so they don’t have to fix the problem. The in game chat functions stop working sometimes or display the character name of a different player when you talk. The friends list is worse than it was on original D2 the lobby is janky and broken and populated by spam bots… its terrible and makes the game look janky and cheap.

Maybe they will advise new players to install discord and use that instead. Probably using twitter lol

I just want to ask for lobby improvements and the refresh games button maybe working. Or lobbies showing more games.
I feel the lobby system really isn’t great it’s worse than og d2. Let’s get lobbies resurrected to go with d2

1 Like

Same here man. We need more people to understand the differences between Bnet 1.0 and 2.0.

Most people here are quick to assume:

• Everyone quit and moved on
  • Everyone is waiting for the new patch/ladder
  • Everyone is in private games
  • No one plays hardcore
  • No one plays classic

All of those things are correct. But here’s the difference: 10,000 players on Bnet 1.0 on US East would have been tied to the same game list. Let’s say 80% of them are in private games. 20% of those players public games would CONSTANTLY be refreshing in the game list. Even if there was a ping filter as suggested above, at most they’re going to have lowest priority but will still be visible.

On B Net 2.0, those 10,000 players are now split among several servers, let’s say it’s two. Now we have 5000 people tied to two different game lists, 80% are in private games. Now that’s when we start to see 10 hour old trade games because there’s not enough games flowing through.

It could potentially be worse than this. I’m guessing there’s at least 3-4 servers per “realm” now.

This is what I believe after a few tests and basic observation and experience with the old game from 2002 - 2018 (on and off, my memory isn’t crystal clear, but I do have a good idea).

And I honestly think it could be even worse than what I explained above. On launch week, with a potential of 1 million+ players online, my games list functioned THE EXACT same way as it does now. I only get 1-2 new games per refresh. It doesn’t make sense to me at all.

I’d really like a Blue post to confirm or deny. There’s a chance it will stay like this permanently because not enough people seem to be aware of this.

1 Like

Its no dead game at all. Just go on Facebook and see, everyday countless posts of ppl grinding stones and all kind of things, one of the busiest pages.
Ppl play the game for 10 years so why no after a new release would be dead?

diablo never going to die, even when they once will stop making it, ppl will still play it, its a classic, classics dont die.

There are many games, some ppl like me play a lot of different games, so now can be Diablo 2 next day something else, than another day again something else can be cause of many reasons, mostly cause there are so many games out there and ppl want to try a lot of things but they come back to the good games they know, tl;dr a lot of ppl playing different kind of games and enough have D2R in their rotations of games, no dead game.

I myself since start of January wait for ladder now, cause thats my type of gameplay I like to play.

Blizz waited too long to fix all the BS lol

1 Like

Whatever you do in D2, you could do way better on D3. You could experiment with whatever build you want. But of course, you wont progress better than the character builds that the Season offers.

Getting Rare Runeword on D2 is like completing rare sets from D3 Blacksmith. Of course, blacksmith stuffs is not the best items in D3 but it has the essence of treasure hunting. You just dont know that this exist on D3.

I would rather have endless Paragon grind that checks my skill than to have an endless faceroll as I couldnt ever die in the game. I even asked my 10 year old cousin and nephew to play my overpowered D2R toon just smashing/spamming that controller button and he could kill everything in the game except the immunes which he needs to micro a bit to have the follower kill it for him. But the immunes cant kill my overpowered toon. Everything in D2R is tank and spank. He can play it.

Can you do that on high Torment Malthael or Butcher? You thought D3 is also as boring as tank and spank of D2. It is way way way harder… it made D3 a better game. Of course noobs cant pay to win on D3. Just let skilled players enjoy D3. At least GR150 still punches back. While my OP D2R toons wont die even on the hands of my nephew.

Huh? No way. Honestly have no idea what this thread is even about tho…when is this even from? Why are you quoting me from God knows when? Lol

Oh okay this is from a week ago. And it’s about the lobby/game list.

Ladder is about to start it will be live and bumpin shortly

D2R was busy with players in September when it launched.

You are very late to the game…people have filled up their character slots and grown tired of all the bugs in game.

So if you want to play with thousands or more please wait till the season starts, if ever!