Asia dclone is set to walk bright and early tomorrow morning(for me). 7 am EST, hope you west coasters like getting up long before the birds! Nice timing for those Europeans, Asians, and Aussies lol.
Thanks! Here’s hoping my game stays open. ![]()
Jeger
I just hope my game can stand up long enough, so that it doesn’t where I stay ![]()
Thanks Fierce - also nice timing for those early birds like myself that try to sneak in some “me” time before work and parent responsibilities of the day ![]()
Oh me too my man, unfortunately i will be at work for an hour by then, hoping to set up the xbox’s before i go in. They tend to stand up to waiting on all day a bit better than the laptop lol.
Thanks. I will park my computer while night since I cannot get up at 4 am PST ![]()
Gardening update: I have laid 500 feet 3/4 drippong distribution tube recently ![]()
Hmm maybe my dream of 100 unid anis before ladder end is actually a thing at this rate, heh ![]()
Nice dude! Did you circle around each plant that you want to be affected? Personally i hate when i have to do this. It makes transplanting or digging out plants a pain, but it is valuable lol.
Planned to do so. Brought 1/4 dripping tube (1/2 gallon per hour, 12 inch spacing) and will make dripping rings.
There is a poor loquat tree sitting in the container for 5+ years. Time to migrate it in the ground. ![]()
Should the dripping ring above or below the munch? I googled but different person has different opinions.
Thanks.
So i have a few suggestions to counter circling around individual plants. If there are multiple lines being run (for bigger area beds) i prefer to make small arcs TOWARDS the front AND back of the plant. Setting it up as small arcing grids running close to each plant. Rather than circling. Circling in my opinion can lead your lines to crimping and kinking over time, even when stapled in. Gentle arcs allow you to run longer distances (if you need to) without the hastle of trapping and locking a root system down after a year or two. God forbid you end up moving a plant after awhile, it will usually have spread out enough, you will usually end up pulling up multiple sections of irrigation just to pull up that one plant.
As for above or below, a couple factors i need to know first, do you get much frost and hard cold snaps in temperature? Is this going to be a system you have to “flush” seasonally for winter prep? I can’t remember where in Cali you were, if you get snow and consistent cold temps, you will have to air pump them so they dont freeze up. If you have to do this process it is suggested to put it just under mulch surface. You can ALWAYS put it 1-2 inches below soil surface, where most root balls are. Allowing mulch to get soaked and water to trickle down and feed the root ball more effectively as well. Blowing out lines for winter prep when they are underground is no different, but maintenance obviously is, if you spring a leak, or slice it while digging around it. Both options are completely viable, i prefer under soil by 2 inches.
Thx for the heads up Fierce!
Can you come and landscape and maintain my garden?
I’ll pay you a VEX ![]()
Thank you sir for you professional suggestions.
The arc idea looks good and I will try it.
My plan is to build a backyard orchard. I will plant fruit trees 15 feet to 20 feet apart. There is no plan to move them around in the foreseeable future ![]()
I have never seen weather broadcast below 32F, but I did see (one or two times) outside water got frozen. So I might seeking somewhere in the distribution tube to install a drain out to flush the residual water in winter.
I will install the drip line under the munch as you suggested.
God bless you for getting a 20/20 anni in the near future. ![]()
As much as i would love to i dont think i could survive on vex’s. Friends and family are vex, but i usually charge bers buddy! BERS! Lol.
NP for the heads up!
Not a friend
OUCH </3
Under the mulch should suffice for your lower temps without an issue. There are ways you can hook up a blow out nozzle with an air compressor for smaller systems, or for bigger system adding shut off valves means you can effectively blow put specific sections at a time so you wouldnt need to rent one of those monster air compressors. Also big fan of shutoff periodically, so if you do spring a leak, its easy to contain the leak, and find where it is coming from.
Yeah you are lol. You are included in that pricing buddy!
Oh, that’s so professional.
First time heard an air compressor for a dripping system.
Since my backyard orchard is on a slope. It should be easy for me to just add a drain outlet at the lower end.
I own you a BER.
Countdown: 82 mins
Oh crap, I’m logged into the wrong server ![]()
Edit: gonna miss this one, FOMO hard ![]()
3/6. The countdown starts.
Jeger