DClone are we surprised? Poof all ladder characters

Are we really surprised that Blizzard overdid it with the new DClone server mechanic? Anni has lost its charm as a chase item, and that is a shame.

I have a great solution though, and it kills many birds with one stone. Increase the soj count 10x. Retire all ladder characters and stashes at the end of ladder. Transfer nothing. Make all ladder characters inaccessible but only as trophies, kind of like a dead hardcore player.

I like the new mechanic, why not?

10 Likes

I consider the idea to retire ladder characters and have their gear inacceible a bad idea.

Your idea most likely would lead to a reduction in the ladder playerbase as some want to keep some good items or for that matter the characters themselves for their subsequent non-ladder use.

Currently, I do not have a non-ladder amazon. In tbe first ladder, I intentionally selected that class to gear up and to rollover to non-ladder.

If you want to poof your own characters, you can do that. Suggesting this be universal neglects the problems that this would create for many.

4 Likes

Maybe just poof all anni charms then.

90% of you would never have an anni without the new mechanic, let alone within the first few weeks of a Ladder.

7 Likes

All they have to do is make dclone a rare spawn. As rare as finding a sur or something. There’s been no need to clean up duped sojs from the market for many many years. The old mechanic and its relation to sojs is obsolete.

1 Like

Do more people having in Anni ruin your enjoyment of the game? It gives +1 to skills and some small bonus to all resist & attributes.

7 Likes

Looks like somebody missed walk fest by Korean community and is salty now.
New mechanic is awesome. Group of people can donate SoJ and start event. Brilliant. Way better then original BS back in a days when I had clone spawn every single day pretty much.

4 Likes

I agree with OP. Maybe it’s better to farm them like torches: The new dclone drops a material. If you collect x amount of materials, you can cube them for an anni.

1 Like

they don’t even have to do that. they can just increase or decrease the number of SoJ’s needed to cause a walk, based on how recently he’s been walked. increase the number the more frequently he’s spawned. so if it takes a hundred SoJ’s to spawn him today, make it go up to two hundred to spawn him again. three hundred the third time.

i have no idea how many SoJ it actually takes of course, but the idea is to make it harder to chain-spawn him like they did last week. make every spawning cost more consecutively, and then lower it again the longer he goes without being spawned.

Meanwhile i haven’t seen one yet on HC … Plz consider all gamestyle before doing any change to anni :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Anni is just a novelty item. It dosen’t bring great power. Torches are far more desireable and powerfull, and harder to get a good one.

1 Like

No. The game should not revolve around duped SOJs

2 Likes

ANNI is now more commen then Ik gloves. Gratz to the Cry babies…

1 Like

Upping the sold SoJ’s by 10x will just cause 10x the duping of them. If you really care for the ‘rarity’ of an Anni, they need to change the mechanic to introduce randomness rather than make it fully triggerable by players duping items.

3 Likes

I get your point, but you’ve understand that the mechanic behind Diablo Clone was to counter Stone of Jordan mass duping. So they would need to rework mechanics a lot.

I’d just increase needed sold Stone of Jordan from 100something to 500 or 1000.

I’d focus highly on this: back in LoD, Hellfire Torch were really cheap after half ladder, way way way cheaper than Annihilus, despite being more powerful.

I also got a couple of low Hellfire Torches for free (Druid and Barbarian I think, not really sought after back then).

Ohhhh JSP users would love that. :laughing:

1 Like

I paid a Ber for mine back in october or so lol.
It would be cooler to make the event yourself and not rely on when people doing this or that, even if it was costly or time consuming, yeah agree pretty much ubers are more fun, overall not very important tho, as you can only have one, the rest are just for vendoring or other characters.

completely disagree. For majority of players, this is the only way they ever seen anni.

3 Likes

Begs the question: I have a lot more Ani’s in my NL stash than in ladder. So, the impact in NL is much larger. If someone actually thinks that too many Ani’s is a bad thing, what do we do with all those in NL???