Data collection for my specific bug

Continuing the discussion from Input bug - unable to attack or stuck attacking endlessly:

Decided to do a little data collection this morning.

There is one place I know that has a very high chance of the bug occurring for me. That is the Underground Passage.

I took an hour of my morning and decided to try and run from the Stony Fields waypoint to the Underground Passage with a new character as many times as I could within that hour.

I was able to make 20 runs in total within that hour. Of those 20 runs, 17 were bugged upon entering the underground passage. 3 were not (runs 10, 11, and 19).

The next area I wish to focus on will be The Tower in the Black Marsh once. Since I know the bug happens frequently there when I’m trying to farm the countess with my sorceress main.

Edit 1: Just finished the 20 runs on the tower. Took roughly an hour and a half (horrible load times). Here is the break down:
Runs 1-9, 13-16, 18, and 20 all bugged out in the small entry room “The Forgotten Tower”.
Runs 11, 12, and 17 bugged out on Tower Cellar level 1.
Run 10 bugged out on Tower Cellar Level 2.
Run 19 was the only run that didn’t bug out at all during the tower. However, I decided to test underground passage immediately after the successful run and it was bugged. So… yea…

Next up should be Outer Cloister/ Barracks leading into Jail… let’s see how many times the game bugs out in 20 runs of trying to make it through the jail!

Edit 2: I just finished doing 20 runs of trying to make it from the Outer Cloister waypoint to the Inner Cloister way point. Here’s the breakdown:

Runs 1,2,4,5,8,11,12,14,16,17,18,20 all bugged out on Jail level 1.

Runs 6 and 10 bugged out on Jail level 2.

Run 13 bugged out on Jail Level 3.

Runs 7,15,19 bugged out upon reaching the Inner Cloister.

Runs 3 and 9 were the only runs that did not bug out between the Outer and Inner cloister

Next thing is gonna be Inner Cloister to Catacombs level 4.

Edit 3: Here is the breakdown for Inner Cloister to Catacombs level 4.
Runs 1,2,5,6,7,9,12,13,14,15,17,18,19 all bugged out on Catacombs Level 1.
Runs 11 and 16 bugged out on Catacombs Level 2.
Run 20 bugged out on Catacombs Level 3.
Runs 3,4,8, and 10 I was able to get to and kill Andariel from the Inner Cloister Waypoint.

Next I will be doing Catacombs level 2 waypoint to Andariel.

Edit 4: Just finished 20 runs of going from that Catacombs Level 2 Waypoint to Andariel. Here is the breakdown:
Runs 6, 17, 19, and 20 all bugged out on Catacombs Level 3.
Runs 2,8,9,11,15,16, and 18 all bugged out on Catacombs Level 4. Being able to get to Andariel but then not being able to actually attack her or kill her for the loot is incredibly unsatisfying.
Runs 1,3,4,5,7,10,12,13, and 14 were not bugged and I was able to actually attack Andariel and loot her body.

Now lets breakdown how many of the games were bugged. This was done over 100 games (5 sets of 20). Of those 100 games testing specific areas, 81 were bugged (17 + 19 + 18 + 16 + 11 = 81) in the areas I was testing. Sure, some areas are less bugged than others (Catacombs Level 2-4) but they’re still bugged.

Next up will be Act 2 (yay!).

Please note that I am solely focusing on areas pertinent to quests and main story progression.

Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

1 Like