D4 - Thoughts So Far

Environment visuals are very nice.

Character customization is much more limited than I was expecting.

Movement and skills feel sluggish. I’m playing Sorcerer for what it’s worth.

Character feels super weak. Part of this is enemies level up with you, so you’re on a constant treadmill. This seems to go for Dungeons too, so there’s no point in leveling up to attempt a dungeon that was too challenging before – looking at you, werewolf boss. I thought Fire would be the “pure damage” element, and if it is… I really feel for the other elements, because fire feels super weak. Fireball does okay, but even against what seem to be the ‘chaff’ enemies, it takes 2-3 fireballs to kill in some cases.

At level 15, I still literally don’t know what 80% of the stats do, and it doesn’t seem to matter. I’ve just been equipping “green number go up.” This itemization is very unengaging. The properties that are immediately evident are completely subordinate to Attack and Defense. 2% cooldown reduction? Gee, thanks, shaving off a fraction of a fraction of a second on Teleport helps a lot.

Filling up your inventory knowing it’s all just there to be salvaged feels really lackluster. I’d rather have fewer drops worth picking up but have them actually be worth picking up, instead of just being future craft mats.

UI is super intrusive in the worst ways. Let me layer over the map similar to D2 partial opacity automap and get rid of all this dumb Quest and Press Enter to Chat nonsense.

Potion charges replacing healing globes is fine, I guess. The visual doesn’t look as bad as healing globes, but I still don’t get why we can’t get something with decent lore rationalization.

Arcane Orbit returns as Shock Lance, and other dumb elite ground effects.

Aren’t Obols just Blood Shards? Did Blizzard not want us to associate them with D3 but just do a very obvious reskin?

Conduit pylon returns. I’m not really sure why.

Greed shrine feels goofy and a mismatch for the atmosphere the environment art tries to set up.

The multiplayer aspect of map events feels pretty irrelevant. They could easily just scale back number of enemies a little bit and it would play just fine. At no point have I ever coordinated with any of these players, and it doesn’t seem like there is any good way to do so. What am I supposed to do, stop to type in chat while getting whacked at by enemies? And for what? There isn’t much tactically to consider. It’s just “attack the enemies, and move a bit so you don’t get dog-piled.”

Thank goodness I only bought a sandwich and not the game itself. I can really see why people were saying it’s a D3 reskin.

14 Likes

If you’d like Blizzards eyes on this feedback, head over to the D4 forums and post there:

6 Likes

I can’t since I didn’t preorder, just got the access key from buying a sandwich.

2 Likes

Wasted keystrokes then… Blizzard isn’t going to look for D4 feedback here.

Then they should give forum access with the key. Don’t know what you want me to tell you.

2 Likes

I guess that’s a good indication that they only care about feedback from those so hotly anticipating the game that they’ll drop $70+ before the game is even finished… Nope, no bias in that feedback at all… /sarcasm

It’s not like your feedback would stand a chance of being noticed right now anyway, because the D4 forum is rolling with people complaining about the connection issues.

5 Likes

Are there any pros/cons to having other players around you in the world zones? I’m assuming there’s no FFA loot, so the aspect of players being linked to each other and the environment is gone.

They can help kill things. But yeah, instanced loot, so no con. It’s just weird because they basically only appear when there is a map event, and it seems like the game is trying to justify them showing up because of the events. (E.g. “defend this spot for 1min 20s”) But those events could just as easily work without the pseudo-multiplayer with slightly fewer enemies or enemies with slightly less health.

1 Like

i look the character Customization and is so lacking

barbarian dont have the classic barbarian d2 hair cut :-1:

something so basic and is not there , not too strong d4 team

8 Likes

I definitely liked what I’ve seen so far

At this time there is a possibility that you buy the game, however, you have to wait for the public beta to make a final decision

2 Likes

This is something they really need to work on, not later, now.

Endgame is most likely going to be just picking up Unique items and leaving everything else on the ground. Which is sad, that’s something they could have improved upon. Maybe there’s something i’m missing?

Yes! They need to clean the Ui up. Asap , it’s kind of lackluster as well.

Yeah. This is what happens when you have basic developers fresh out of school with zero talent and no good ideas to change the ARPG game. They’re too busy stealing failed Lost Ark ideas as well as implementing boring structures from their previous titles. It is what it is.

Anyone who thought that this game would outshine D2/D2R just got a rude awakening.

All in All, just goes to show you a bunch of Guys in a basement getting high thinking of creative ideas outshines Corporate structure anyday of the week.

I miss the old Blizzard. :gift_heart:

3 Likes

I have noticed these from watching streams.

Basic damage - your basic abilities do more damage % based
Core damage - your spending abilities do more damage % based
Close range damage - being up close (barb specifically, potentially druid and rouge as well) % based
Slowed enemy damage - % based
Stunned enemy damage - % based
Skill tree attributes granting + to skills
Single skill attributes grating + to skills
Crit chance %
Cooldown reduction %
Stat attributes
Life after kill attribute
Maximum life attribute
Resistances to elemental and physical damage.
Legendary affixes that can be taken from legendary and given to rares to make them legendary.
Affixes that can be changed on items randomly (chance to brick or enhance an item)

Some of the things ive noticed. They seem interesting to me as far as creating a character.
Rare items can still have potential in trades for sure. Further in the end game remains to determine if that will still be the case.

1 Like

so you’re telling me there’s a starship trooper element in diablo ?? YUCK. what are these devs doing.

at least i don’t have to care, at this point i’m not spending my money on a pre purchase, and watching the game feels like a hard no. hearing about it like this, makes it even worse. d2 it is, and i don’t even know for how much longer, if they keep making changes it’s just gonna be another modern game for casuals.

Wow. Just… Wow.

I thought Diablo Immortal was bad, but now I can see that Blizzard didn’t learn anything from customer feedback (and, there was a ton of that)!

At the risk of being flamed for not having played it yet, I’m going to tell you why I won’t be purchasing it.

1.) Graphics. My computer is old, and prolly won’t be able to play it.

2.) I hated that all of the monsters in Diablo Immortal were colored blobs (indicating their difficulty). That was so cartoonish and unrealistic, it just sucked out any artistic value for me.

3.) If I have to pick up every piece of trash without a loot filter to guide my decisions, I’m gonna croak. I’m not going through that mess again!

4.) If the skill point system isn’t even comparable to Diablo 2, I’m really, really, not interested! I love Diablo 2! We’ve been harping on getting new content and such for D2 for so long! What’s the problem? Monetization?

If Blizzard had any clue how much of a gold mine we old guys represent, in terms of influence and buying power, they would treat us like gold. Instead, they simply make excuses, and do nothing.

2 Likes

Not really going to look here either honestly

I noticed that some objects on the characters back look barely attached to the character. They look like they’re floating. That’s not a good look for a triple A game.

Won’t be buying. D4 looks so generic, it has no Diablo feeling to it.

2 Likes

I am bothered by the fact that the character shines so conspicuously. The graphics are so beautiful that I think they should not be hidden by unnecessary texts or numbers. The player wants to experience the game. I wish it was more like d2 in some aspects.

It’s definitely going to need a killer endgame, which is unlikely. I don’t have any motivation to play more than what I already have. That said, it does have potential if they are able to laterally develop it more, and correctly. I really think open trading with a new trading system (like poe or jsp) would do wonders for it. Of course, that would require much more rare things, and more itemization. Would be nice if they do this, but they probably won’t.

damn that barb is an ALPHA. i want him to carry my tiny girl body to safety.

2 Likes