D4 Pre-order now and dont cry later

You can try Immortal first Is same game like d4, I delete after 2 weeks

You need to check where you get your info. Early access beta requires pre buy. Open Beta (the 2nd weekend) anyone can access.

1 Like

Just admit you were wrong and move on.

I donā€™t know how excited I can be about the story. They already appear to have retconned Inariusā€™s torture by Mephisto, which doesnā€™t give me confidence that theyā€™ll respect other parts of the lore or past characterization.

From the first Diablo game manual: ā€œ[Mephisto] bound Inarius with tremendous chains and slowly tore the wings from the back of the angel. Great barbed hooks were then used to stretch out the once glowing skin and his features were distorted by vile powers. Many of the followers of Inarius were given as gifts to Baal and Diablo, but the rest were molded to match the bloated image of the now crippled angel. To this day, Inarius is said to be trapped in Hell within a chamber of mirrors, his eyelids torn from his face as he is forced to gaze upon his misshapen form for all eternity.ā€

From the last cinematic trailer they showed, Inarius looks like another generic faceless glowing angel, wings intact.

Even the premise of the story we were shown in the first trailer - that Lilith was seemingly brought back by a fairly simple ritual involving three sacrifices - seems to contradict the steps Inarius took to ensure she would not return in Scales of the Serpent. (Thereā€™s no issue with him failing to make escaping the void again entirely impossible, but it does seem to have been weirdly easy.)

1 Like

Ok hair splitters. There is no way to try D4 prior to release other than to pre-order the game thus requiring you to buy the game to know if you want to play at launch defeating the purpose. In other words, there is no way to evaluate the game to determine whether you would want to purchase at launch meaning it makes sense to wait for other early adopters to buy it and watch people play it. The correct way to allow people to try before you buy is called a DEMO. This conversation has been had before with the original release of D2. Blizzard just thinks they know better than the rest of the industry even though they donā€™t. They demonstrated their ignorance at the Diablo Immortal launch event. I will sit on the sidelines and see how the D4 launch goes.

1 Like

I donā€™t find it too farfetched to think that Inarius could physically recover from the torture, since they can just respawn from being killed after all.

For that matter, why have a ritual chamber specifically meant to release her in the first place. I donā€™t remember if the Sin war trilogy went into detail about how Inarius sealed / banished her, but I got the impression that it was supposed to be a perma ban.

I donā€™t think itā€™s so much about the $70.
I believe itā€™s more to do with people wanting to vote with their wallet.

I for one am not going to pre-order or buy on day one, just to end up supporting a company, that supposedly makes triple A games, yet delivers unfinished cash grabs on release.

D3 was, and still is, a mockery of the Diablo franchise, rather than a faithful installment.
When it comes to D4, the closed endgame beta and people still being under NDA is a big indication, that history is about to repeat itself.

Look whatā€™s happening to Blizzardā€™s other games as well:
they ruined Overwatch;
Heroes of the Storm is dead;
WoW Classic is not really ā€œas it was thenā€;
current WoW is likeā€¦ who cares;
Diablo Immortal could have been great, but they ruined it with their lust for money;
WC3 Reforged was a cashgrab;

D2R is cool and somewhat decent and thatā€™s the only thing, that I still have installed.
If D4 proves to be crap, Iā€™ll likely stop playing Blizzard games altogetherā€¦ and Iā€™d suggest you do the same.

4 Likes

Sad thing is they wont care if ppl leave, they will have their $70-$100 per copy people payed for.

I Have the ā€œHold Myself Backā€ to wait til open beta weekend. If I Preorder it and dislike it, on Pre-purchase next weekend (Next weekend) Ill be too annoyed with myself. I mean $70 is Nothing to me, but im still not going down that road again.

2 Likes

Just a word of caution with the ā€œopen betaā€, probably it will be very limited in content meaning you wonā€™t be able to experience the actual endgame so after you buy it and realize you hate the endgame it will be too late.
They do this stuff all the time.

4 Likes

I hope I am wrong, but if the last 2 patches are of any indication, D2R is feeling more like a cash grab that doubles as a way to butter up the D2 fanbase in preparation for D4.

You donā€™t need to buy the game to get into the open beta.

1 Like

My issue isnā€™t the price at all, $70 is fine if it matches the game.

My issue is D4 is another D3 and we know damn well after a few months when they have gotten the D2 players money they will add all the nonsense found in D3, GR endless Torment modes etc The rainbow stages etc

I bet you will be able to get infinite respecs in D4 they will allow nonsense like power leveling etc.

Bottom line if you want D4 just play D3 itā€™s way cheaper or watch the story mode on youtube

D2R has itā€™s own problems, but itā€™s nowhere near as cashgrab as something like WC3:Reforged.

Iā€™m not sure how D2R can make you buy D4 if you donā€™t like D4.

As far as I can tell, D4 will be Blizzardā€™s take on Lost Ark, without the chaos dungeons and the raid encountersā€¦ with some elements from other games. Some from D3, some from Diablo: Immortalā€¦ maybe a touch of PoE.

Some people are describing it as a game similar to mobile games :stuck_out_tongue:

It will have little or nothing to do with D2 from what Iā€™ve seen so far.

I canā€™t comment on reforged at all :man_shrugging:

But just comparing the last two D2Rā€™s patches with Diablo 3ā€™s season 28 update is rather unsettling considering the age of the two games.

I have also heard not too long ago that the crew that worked on patch 2.4 - one of the better patches the game had so far - is not the same sized crew that worked on the current patch.

So is patch 2.5 and 2.6 the calibre of patches that we can only hope for moving forward: light, and frought with bad design decisions and flaws?

Thatā€™s like anything really: you will get some that will like D4 and some that will dislike D4. Either way, you wonā€™t know until you convince people to try or buy the game.

Blizzard likely knew that patch 2.6 and the subsequent ladder season 3 were not actually ready for release, with the first PTR window only testing out the new runewords and no PTR window for the second iterationā€¦

but decided to release the patch anyway because they didnā€™t want too many people to be pre-occupied with ladder season 3 by the time the D4 early access/public betaā€™s were ready to kick off, starting in the next few days from now.

Diablo 3ā€™s season 28 launched not too long before D2Rā€™s current ladder season too.

Like I said, I hope I am wrong.

But they donā€™t respawn as ā€˜themselvesā€™ in the sense we would think of. Demons do come back as the same individuals when they are reborn in the Burning Hells, but the Crystal Arch spawns new angels to serve the same roles/ideals (e.g. ā€œwisdomā€). (Source: Storm of Light)

This is definitely another valid criticism, given how old and derelict the ruins leading to the ritual chamber appeared.

Hell D2R 2.4 alone made me go back to LoD.

No way Iā€™d buy D4. Blizzard just doesnā€™t make things that interest me anymore.

I like the grafic design , its very dark , bloody , monster looking very evil , but flying numbers , spell effects complet over my monitor , evil bosses droping a childish shines chest and weapons like in D3. Walking one way , only Sanctuary is a bigger map? Sorceress as a flying thunderbolt ā€¦ 4 players onlyā€¦ Druid shapeshift every 5 secounds , Rouge from D3 , Barb throwing weapons aoe in very big area?? i mean barb is a melee only but this one is a half magican. ive found in D3 lost loc books (story form World of Warcraft) for pre order delux and above , i become special cosmetic(pet , mount) for D3 and World of Warcraft , why ? okay its beta gameplay , but i dont buy , i want first testing in open beta.

Blizzard should be change the flying numbers and the childish droping chest when boss is killed and no glowing weapons , it feels dumb. Same would be Resident Evil with a Hello Kitty SoftAir Gun.

Please work on your English skills before you open your mouth about IQs next time.

Please be toxic too Your family, I can talk on deutch or danish with You If You wanna