D4 endgame, how will the rewards work?

D4 has copied a lot from Lost Ark. The structure of the game, at least during the leveling, feels almost identical (and that should be easily noticeable to anyone, who’s played that other game).
The slower movement and combat, the large zones, the questing, picking resources, world bosses, mounts.
Not, that those are 100% original to Lost Ark, but it was the game, that brought those in an isometric setting.

When it comes to the endgame though, I believe the games will be different.
Lost Ark’s endgame is mechanics focused dungeons and raids. Very punishing ones, as in one player makes a single mistake, the entire group/raid dies.

I do not believe, that Blizzard will take thous route. They’ll go with a different endgame, one, in which you can succeed, or at least be reasonably successful as a solo player.

My main concern and question is:

Are there time gates when it comes to the rewards?

In Lost Ark something like Chaos Dungeons (activity similar to D3’s speed rifts) dropped nice rewards like twice per day. You could spam them, but you’d get lesser stuff.

When it comes to D4, is there something I can actually farm? You know, Diabo style?
Can I come home from work and farm the same activity/dungeon to my heart’s content, with change for decent rewards every run?
Or will the game play out in the manner of “do my daily quests” for rewards, and once I run out of daily activities, I’d be better of swapping character or logging out.

This is something the devs should have come out and said straight away, so that people know what they are actually buying.

it’s like diablo 3, they took the diablo name, slapped it on a game. and called it diablo .

but it will be nothing like diablo 1, or 2. which is what people have been waiting for for 20 years. we got d2:r which they’re quickly ruining with tz and sunder… don’t buy d4.

8 Likes

Right now from what i have Play.

Item are confusing.
Same Idea of rare item on d3 before reapers of souls yellow are the New unique but rng stats on it, Legendary item has i see them are strip their Power and put them on yellow item because of the rng on those item .

Gameplay Wise.
The gameplay is great but dont have the diablo style on it.
I conaider it un the gameplay of Poe and lost ark.

The MMO aspect of it.

Well could have Been like d2 and no one would care less about it. Its Nice when it have a évent you ses people but desapear right after.

Just seems exactly like D3 to me with some altered systems. Maybe endgame is different.

1 Like

Its Diablo 3, with the hidden monitazation progression walls of DI, and the anti-fun ““MMO”” mechanics of Lost Ark, minus the RNG Korean progression.

Sticking with Path.

1 Like

…? You gathered this from a small portion of the beta?

Diablo 4 IS an MMO. MMO doesn’t mean what it used to mean 20 years ago. Now it refers to open world games of more than a handful of players.

This is called INITIAL PLAYTHROUGH… Did you expect this to be Diablo 2 where there was no interactive storytelling? Lower your expectations. When you get the full game, and complete the initial story playthrough, you’ll be able to play in adventure mode where there is no storytelling.

This guy lol.

Literally was never intended to be. Never once did they say it would be. They only said they were returning to the darker tones of the first two games, which they did.

Except there are none… Diablo 4 MTX is all cosmetic, aside from the higher edition of the game where you can progress through season rewards faster - big whoop.

1 Like

Its pure garbage has been since alpha and they doubled down on all the things we said they needed to take out and start over.

1 Like

tz’s had made the game way better. nobody wants to do over 5k baal runs to get to lvl 99.

5 Likes

This is actually one o the changes I appreciate.

^ terror zones

1 Like

maybe not 5k, but the difference is so drastic, you can’t all be happy with the one hour and switch zone either. common.

it makes 99, FAR TOO EASY, there has to be some middle ground right? ALMOST as hard as before, but not really. now it’s not even the same, it’s like what? 4x faster? that’s RIDICULOUS…

and on that note, no one NEEDS to hit 99, it’s a long term goal you’re supposed to have, now anyone can hit it if they play a few hours a night.

i for one, have never felt the need to hit 99, my characters are usually powerful enough around lvl 85 it’s like, do we really need the extra 5 stats and 1 skill? … i don’t. i’ve had every class 98… but the grind to 99, too much, and IT DOESN’T MATTER. that’s the best part, no one needs to hit it, it’s not something everyone needs to achieve. oh but now, with the new devs that like hand holding and everyone gets a trophy, now even you, with a wife and kids, can hit 99.

I gathered this from how the pace of combat, walking, questing and traversing areas looks like… as in, it’s like directly copy pasted from Lost Ark (which is not necessarily a bad thing).

I’d argue, that interactive story telling is an NPC running with you and mumbling in your ear, rather than your gameplay being constantly interrupted by a freaking cut scene…

This might be a multiplayer issue. I have probably close to 2000 hours logged, mostly on my necromancer, and I’m only level 96… I don’t find it easy at allllll to gain a level. But I play solo on bnet. So maybe it’s totally ridiculous with 8 players. Not too sure.
Level 99 is already unobtainable in my view, with how I play the game.

i play solo 5p, and the xp is insane, i’m only lvl 95 because i don’t really play that much compared to what i used to, if i grinded hard i’d be 99 already. but TZ just make me want to quit… if i can find a few people to play LoD with i will move in an instant.

Lots of us do. We did so for decades. :slight_smile:

Why I’m still playing 2.3, though I mostly went back to LoD.

If only there was a SSF mode where players 8 was allowed…

False, you will be able to buy power, just not at launch.

The devs never said it would be like those games though…

Personally, I’m having fun with Diablo IV. Don’t care if it’s not like the old games cause I know games can change. The whole mentality of ‘but muh old diablo games’ is just like old people trying to live their glory days again…

i mean ya… we’re all still playing diablo 2 for a reason. diablo 3 … well everyone knows what that’s all about. (short lived ladders etc)…

and it’s not about “what the devs said it would be” it’s about what i’m hoping for.

i just want the itemization to go back to things that are neat, but they’ve proven to me with the beta they are going for a more casual approach to that, and if that’s what you want sure, play d4 !

Uh, sure. This is called fear mongering. How about we wait until the game is out and has been out for a while before we start making baseless accusations, yeah? Not just “Oh but they have done it before, they will do it again”.

1 Like

Same old Blizzard. Release one game that becomes a different game later. This is why I’m waiting a long time before deciding whether to buy.