D2R Refund Thread (DECLINED?)

Leviathan, Please stop talking lies… on LOST PROGRESSION ISSUE there isnt a SINGLE POST FROM ADMIN, NOT A SINGLE! Copy it share with me… 24 HOURS not a single POST!!!

We want to know what to expect, whether progress will be returned or Blizzard will only try to fix it so that this does not happen again. At the same time, I would like to know the timing, the problem has already been known for many hours, but we do not see any specifics. I also want to note that I only see green posts, although I expected to see blue posts …

1 Like

What I said wasn’t a lie, Gramaja. It’s factual, it’s out there, it’s checkable.

As to your claims, if rollbacks were what you were specifically talking about, then be careful of using generalizations if you mean something specific. People coming through here who don’t know better may see your generalization and get the wrong ideas from it.

I can sympathize with that. More info is always welcome.

I’m just curbing the notion there’s there been no communication, support, caring, etc at all.

They have given estimated timing on some things. But understand there are two important factors when it comes to announcing timelines/ETAs.

First, they may not know. It’s not easy to predict how long it will take to collect reports, investigate, locate the problems’ sources, code fixes, test the fixes, possibly fail the tests, code more fixes, test the fixes again, package the patches, and deploying patches. Then there’s the possibility that it doesn’t work for everyone, or at all, thus starting the process over again.

Second, consumers tend to take any timelines/ETAs and carve them in stone. Meaning if the are not delivered on time, a new line of criticism forms (the all too common “Bliz lies”) which gets piled onto all the other existing complaints.

There are lots of blue posts. The pinned threads at the top of the forum have lots of info about what’s going on. Also, you can often find most blue posts by using the “Blizz Tracker” link at the top of the forums as well. For whatever reason, not all blue posts show up. But as long as there’s at least something there, you can use it to jump to a blue’s post history which has everything they’ve ever said.

For example, here’s Hooley’s post history. From it, it can be seen that s/he started posting 9 mins after release, and a whole lot since.

1 Like

After examining the blue posts, I was only able to find the problem with the offline mode, but not online. The timing is of interest to people because, many calculated their weekend for the game. And regarding the vision of the problem from the Blizzard side, I would still like to know if there is no return of progress, then why do I need such a game in which I waste 10 hours of my life, and also pay for it like for an AAA game

1 Like

You mean Hooley’s post history?

Try checking out the pinned threads at the top of the forums. They cover a wide number of issues including many of the online ones.

Gramaja, I forgot to include this above.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/d2r/t/diablo-ii-resurrected-924-update/7474
Second sentence:

Some players have reported offline characters disappearing or losing progress, and we believe we have identified the issue…

I would imagine it’s days like this that Leviathan thinks he should have become a janitor or a truck driver or something. :laughing:

The game isn’t perfect, it needs work, but my heart goes out to you man, and I don’t doubt you’ll take care of everything sooner or later

Now let the name calling begin. :smiley: I can take it.

:slight_smile: It’s not too bad.

MVP status has always put a target on our backs. So as long as one can accept that, it’s bearable.

It is not about Oflfine it is for everyone and after the new patch at 5:30 this morning nothing is corrected but still we havent received any feedback so far… 1 DAY ago is the post you are sharing on a launch day it is simply unacceptable… Where are they now on SATURDAY? on HOLIDAY on VACATION or they are working to solve the issues?

1 Like

I probably already looked through all the possible posts, but there is nothing about this problem. I want to note that in Gramaja’s answer, you gave a link to a post that does not answer his post, as it concerns OFFLINE mode …

1 Like

Sorry, Gramaja, but you said that Bliz had said nothing at all. Again, you move the goal post when confronted with a rebuttal. More evidence that generalizing isn’t a wise idea. Furthermore, that post wasn’t from launch day; it was yesterday, less than 24 hours ago.

As for fixing the issues, you misunderstand who does what. Devs, engineers, QA and other involved teams have been working around the clock on D2R’s issues. However, it is the Community Team who makes the posts . They don’t have anything to do with fixing the game, and they do indeed have weekends off like most. Meaning, a lack of updates doesn’t equate to a lack of work on the issues.

That link was in response to initial, detail-less generalizations they made that nothing has been said about loss of progress. They have since provided details, but I wanted to make sure that generalizations like…

“Not a single support from anyone 2 days after the launch”
“I am wondering why on earth no-one reply on the thousands issues reported and the biggest one called LOST PROGRESSION”
“on LOST PROGRESSION ISSUE there isnt a SINGLE POST FROM ADMIN, NOT A SINGLE!”

…doesn’t give those who may come through here the the wrong impression of the support D2R is getting.

Considering that this is still a more serious problem for a large number of people, rather than just 10 minutes to experience a problem with entering the game, it would be possible to share with the community the progress of fixing the problem. Bro, I just wanted to fight evil in the game, not on the forum.
P.S. Regarding technical support, I don’t think it’s okay when a company with a turnover of $ 8 billion, when trying to make a ticket for a bug, just suggests going to the forum …

1 Like

I don’t disagree. Of all the issues out there, rollbacks seem to be the least talked about.

I hope you don’t think I’m fighting with you! I am being stern with those making overtly inaccurate claims or who are attacking me. But with you, I’ve just been having a calm convo. :slight_smile:

That’s because TS and CS aren’t involved in fixing bugs. They literally can’t because they aren’t investigators, or coders, or anyone who can make changes to the games. For example, in the case of rollbacks, they don’t have access to the servers/data to restore lost progress (if it’s even possible, I don’t know). Thus, they can’t help when people contact them with bugs.

They send people to the forums because that’s where the people who can change the game (developers, QA, engineers, etc) are watching.

A large number of progress rollbacks still have a problem. At the same time, many have a problem to report it because of the same language barrier, not everyone has a native English language. And in general, if you flip through the forums and collect all the posts with the problem, I do not consider it insignificant. And so it is not clear what to expect, many are afraid to enter the game with characters, since it is not known how the process of restoring progress will take place, if it will be .. As for technical support, I want to say that as for developers, the forum can be more convenient than forms from tickets about bugs that would be collected in one place rather than scattered on forums .. Due to such a large lack of feedback from Blizzards, I got the impression that the entire game was outsourced .. Why is the frontend part of the game good, but the backend is disgusting.
      I would like to summarize this demagogy, there is only one request, to convey our problems to those who have the opportunity to tell the real fate of progress rollbacks

Imagine being so much of a baby that you refund the game, it’s objectively a good game and almost no online game ever has a smooth launch ever. To hate on D2 is BS. Get over it.

1 Like

You realize the title is refund thread Declined. He asked for a refund and was Denied on a game he cant Play. How in any way is this fair or have anything to do with being Rash? Honestly I don’t think you should be judging others Opinions or actions. Thats clearly not what this forum is for.

2 Likes

Ignore Leviathan he is a troll Green.

2 Likes

no ones saying its not a good game. Its a unplayable and incomplete game. Something’s not right obviously.

1 Like

Can you Please see your way Out of this topic Your Toxic sir… and not needed here. This thread is for those seeking a Refund and having problems. Or people that want to help them Your neither. Pls leave Ty.

1 Like

You can do that, or just have some patience.

i personally waited for this game for 10y, so if i cant play at 100% for a few weeks, I can live with that.

Stay awhile and have patience.

1 Like