D2R is still alive

umm no, those are the only things they are “willing” to do.

they can very easily stop botters… because they can already detect them… they just choose to not ban them. this isnt rocket science.

all they have to do.,. is enforce their own rules… and ban the botters/ spammers

they dont need trade restriction or improved drops rates… they need to actually punish the botters and spammers so making a sell site cannot generate enough profit to offset buying the CD keys.

they choose to not do this.

because the sell site botters buy the game again after thier banned.
and as soon as they make it unprofiable to bot… they will stop doing so.

this means actual players will buy the game instead but blizzard wont take that risk.

but as long as they choose to cater to bots… NO ONE BUT A BOT is going to buy the game.

its a self fulfilling prophecy

2 Likes

The occurrence of false-positive bans proves that it is more rocket science than you believe…

To undo a false positive ban requires support staff to undo it. Support staff costs money.

If they banned more often, they’d need more support staff to handle false positives.

See where this is going?

1 Like

oh dont pretend like this is hard… they’re literally spamming in chat, with complete immunity… does a blizzard do anything about THAT? no… because they dont WANT to.

i mean at this point its obvious blizzard is either in-league with the botters or running the sites themselves.

so what if there are a .001% of false positives… maybe those people can get a life and stop trying to be so damn efficient and play the game normally instead of acting like a bot.

anyone who has no life like that will buy another copy anyways

2 Likes

Actually there are many bad runewords that will never be used either. They could improve balance there for sure. Especially some of the older ones with a high rune cost but relatively garbage mods. The new helms are a really nice set of mid tier options.

way to manipulate and misunderstand my point br0
Runewords pretty much just destroy uniques for the most part
granted rings and what knock cant be runewords so its crafted or uniques
and some sets / items coz of MF which is honestly kinda bleh wtf you going to mf 4? more mf stuff? seems legit
like ok Titans Revenge coz your an amazon and what knock
Tyrials might vs Enigma? Nigma wins flawless victory
thats just dumb AF

problem is alot of companys do that its not just blizzard
Larian studios / WotC hyped up BG3
released it unfinished
didnt follow though with a TON of there promises
censored/baned anyone who spoke up against it
dosnt even contain basic QoL or basic features for a turn based game
but the fan boys will still scream OOMFG BEST EVERERERERE

1 Like

The free trade system of D2R or D2LOD is one of its successful element by far, compared with other Diablo franchises. And personally, trading with other players for the items I want is also one of my biggest motivation that I’ve been playing this game but not D4.

If D2R is not a profitable game to Blizzard anymore, just open up the game to its fans and let them do them do the job. It sounds like a wishful thought though but that’s the best way to keep this game alive.

Honestly I don’t hate botters cause demand generate supply, and their existences can’t ruin this game. What ruin this game is the moment when Blizzard decide to abandon this game. Maybe they’ve already done so.

I won’t buy another loot-grinding game made by Blizzard anymore either, as what another user just mentioned, unless they can provide proven promising upgrades mostly based on d2.

1 Like

its a terrible system its super frustrating to get any real trades done provided it isnt GG gear or what knock
unless its pretty much the start of a ladder and even then basic gear you normaly can trade decently at that time falls in price fast, heck even past day 1 alot of quality drop in price and often at times if your not selling something to the most OP classes / popular classes your holding onto it for a long time, and if you do play said none top 3-4 classes like assassin/sorc/amazon for example and are playing say necro/druid the chance of ppl selling stuff good for you is LOW as they often ditch it thus skyrocking prices

Free trade has never been a good thing.

1 Like

Ya
There’s some room for improvement when talking about some builds at the beginning stage. I agree some builds have hard time to farm so adding some appropriate gear or runewords can solve this problem.

I bet most D2R players enjoy the arbitrage opportunities among different platforms too though it’s hell hard to catch up with the botters.

Because its a subjective idea.
Diablo 1, 2, 3 are entertaining and I play them all time to time, depends what I’m looking for. All 3 of the games, though of the same franchise, are all different. I’ll only play Resurrected sometimes, if someone wants to play it with me (friend or family), but I find the original Diablo 2 LoD version to have more options (Thanks to D2SE, and TCP/IP). But I’m just rambling.

I’d take caution about spreading messages, because if delivered incorrectly, it reaches the point where it’ll have the reverse effect on what you want to deliver. Politics are a great example of this, as people are awful at delivering a message and make their group an annoying bunch than anything else, and make their image even worse.

Runewords have done a lot for and against the game. All you really need to do is either tune uniques, or nerf certain runewords, and neither are going to get done at this point by official devs.

Bots mcbotting will continue to bot. I’ve reported bots a year ago and they’re still in chat. Blizzard spent like 2 weeks enforcing bot bans before just throwing their hands up and going “welp, we ban thousands a month lol, you should see what we do behind the scenes” as though we don’t know the same exact bot has been spamming probably online for months on end.

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for most things, but not banning bots is not one of them. You don’t need a script to sit in chat for a week or two and just hit “permaban” every time a bot posts a website. You also don’t need a script to see the game names promoting rmt places.

All you have to do is have the interns do it. They make peanuts already anyway, and you can incentivize it and tie in bonuses to how efficient they are at catching bots by running a mild script which detects a website in chat, and sees how long it takes the intern to investigate and determine if it’s a bot.

Let’s be real about this, if they wanted them gone, they’d have been gone the first month.

3 Likes

The sheer number of bot accounts being bought and sold every day to keep the RMT market alive and running are making blizzard loads.

If they’d be more restrictive on payment methods for accounts, they could do more to make it harder for botters to get new accounts.

Get rid of Blizzard gift cards. Don’t accept burner prepaid debit cards. Only accept payments from established bank accounts.

Hahaha yeah right… Blizzard restricting payment methods, for moral reasons? :rofl: Joke of the century. :laughing:
(Probably what Bobby Kotick would say)

1 Like

I didn’t say it was financially feasible :slight_smile:

or they can reward the players who catch the bitters with some gear, lol
Just a random thought

I bet most Diablo fans would be happy to make these tweaks,

• balancing the OP Runewords with more powerful unique items
  • Balanacing melee builds in PvM cause obviously casters are stronger
  • Get rid of the botters
1 Like

Diablo immortal is a pay to win cell phone game. D4 is a wow wanna be and about 2 years away from where it needs to be. So d2r is really all we have. Blizzard needs to find a way to monatize it if they want to save the series.

Add some cosmetics, build an act 6 or7 and sell them as an expansion. Charge $20 a year for 20 extra character slots. I wouldn’t mind spending a little more for the game if it got some new content. How about a proper pvp arena add on.

2 Likes

I like what Remodded is doing with allowing you to buy prefixes to customize items that otherwise you wouldn’t have an use for (the caveat being you can’t make them too powerful; otherwise the lvl requirement will be pushed higher than 99).

Gemmed rune words is a bit much.

The problem with unofficial devs is sometimes they push it too far and are unrestrained with their ideas.

That said Edyrem is a really cool character that I would love to see implemented officially. Too bad Sierra isn’t still around to make D2R: Hellfire Edition. I want my bard class for real this time.

1 Like

Same here
I’m totally fine with the D2R cosmetics honestly and extra content with more unique items and a proper PvP arena are what I, or perhaps most other D2R players have been looking for. Surely I won’t mind pay a little extra for them too. But again, this goes against the principle of every business - it can’t maximise its profit by capitalising on a new hype, sadly.

To me, playability of a game is way more important than its graphics. Perhaps I’m the minority among the gaming community. :laughing:

I personally really pay-to-win games, most cell phone games doesn’t really interest me. Dueling with other players with my hard-farmed gear is the most rewarding experience ever. But that takes tons of patience, which most players may hate.

if i’m still playing d2r, i will still check the news of d4 or more.
if i gave up d2r, i won’t look for new diablo anymore.