D2R Broken for Linux users

Something is broken, not working with any version of Proton or on Lutris. Several Linux users on reddit report the same thing in the past 24 hours. Battle.net very slow to load and does not update D2R properly. The game reports “Playing Now” then reverts to “Play”. Can we get an update on this? Thanks.

-G

I ran into this issue as well. Running Battle.net through Steam, the updater would just freeze. I usually ran with the 6.x version of Proton, the 7.x version didn’t make any difference though. The logs showed that the update server was unreachable (404 error), even though I could ping it just fine. After switching back to a dual-boot with Windows (for many reason besides this one), I was able to install/play D2R again. It was really slow getting the Battle.net app installed, but at least it’s working.

1 Like

Thanks man. Yeah I know it will work with a dual boot or VM but I’d rather run it natively on linux using wine. The logs you mention show a good hint though (404 error code).

As much as I dislike Windows, I find that the game just runs better now. Maybe this is a result of the newer drivers; I was stuck on v470 on Linux because of the issues described in this thread - Black box textures/animations in some acts - basically every version since.

1 Like

Howdy!

The Battle.net Desktop app and our games do not support Linux. That being said we have seen a sharp increase in reports from the Linux community about this and have sent it up for investigation.

Thank you for taking the time to report this.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.