D2R black screen + program not responding when start

Hello!
I played D2R some months ago without any problem. Now I wanted to play again before D4, but I just cant.
When I start the game I just get a black screen, the mouse cursor shows the " working " animation and D2R is not responding.
I updated drivers, windows, tried every compatibility mode, white listed D2R in firewall and AV.
Nothing changed , nothing helped.

Hey there Rhaidor,

Black screens without a crash or with the “not responding” may be due to a driver problem or interfering program. A couple general ideas to troubleshoot this that weren’t already listed would be:

  1. I would assume the graphics driver is as up-to-date as possible. Sometimes the settings the driver uses is causing a problem and they are not reset with updates. Luckily we can reset them to defaults to see if that helps. Blizzard Support - Resetting Video Driver Settings

  2. Some programs can be ruled out as factors by doing a selective restart with steps detailed here.

  3. Let’s see if creating and switching to a new Administrator Account helps. This sets many settings to defaults and also helps with permission problems, so can be useful to do even if you’re using an admin account already.

If the problem persists, could you provide a DxDiag file please? Once you have it, just copy the contents of the text file created and paste it here between two ~~~ like so:

DxDiag Here

If you have issues pasting here, use Pastebin and post the end of the link. (ie. 123456 for pastebin.com/123456)

Here is my pastebin link for my dxdiag info: https://pastebin.com/uQ06wK2N

Hey Ironthorne!
Resetting the video driver settings fixed my issue!