D2:R: Monster Power?

Some players want more of a challenge. Other simply want more monsters to kill. Why not knock out two birds with one stone with something like what Monster Power did for Diablo 3?

During game creation, you’d have the ability to set the monster power, which would give something like the following example:

Level 1 (default): 0% increased density, 0% increased health, 0% increased damage
Level 2: 25% increased density, 33% increased health, 50% increased damage.
Level 3: 50% increased density, 66% increased health, 100% increased damage.
Level 4: 75% increased density, 100% increased health, 150% increased damage.
Level 5: 100% increased density, 133% increased health, 200% increased damage.

No change in drops or XP per monster, just the option to increase the number of monsters, their health and damage they can do.

The number of players or /players X would still affect the game like it does now.

Thoughts?

start of slippery slope. I’d be ok with a INFERNO difficulty where everything is stupidly strong and has like double the loot but not many levels of stuff then we get into where d3 went downhill

Slippery slope, perhaps a bit, the base difficulty steps would still be there. They shouldn’t be anywhere as subtle as they are in D3.

Yeah I’d be game for an inferno difficulty! Maybe not double drops, but perhaps a bit of relaxation of the diminishing returns for magic find?

1 Like

I’d like to see a new difficulty where they just make every monster base level 85/90 so we can farm anywhere in the game without having to worry about monster levels

1 Like

Time for a new game!

Good thing Diablo II Res is a new game.

Since you think your crap doesnt stink, why dont you just erase your character and start over.

Try Solo Self Found and DONT TRADE WITH ANYONE

Then tell me again why the Monster power needs to be increased,.

LOL GOOD LUCK!

Heh, it’s what I’m doing right now.

Haven’t traded even a lowly cracked sash.