Curse Lower Resists and Magic Damage

A question about the curse Lower Resist (level 30 curse skill).

It lowers everything by x%. Does this also apply to magic damage, so you can use it together with your teeth, bone spear and bone spirit?

If not, then which curse is even useful as its own support when playing a bone caster?

There is also the Paladin Aura, which lowers the resistances. Does the aura also lower the resistances against magic damage? Then it would make sense to get an item with which you have this aura or the Merc, right?

I have never played a pure Necro Bone Mage before. Was always the Summoner^^ But find the idea interesting with teeth and spear and for bosses the spirit to use.

Is there a Sunder charm for magic damage?

Thanks for the clarification. Haven’t really dealt with the topic yet.

LR does not lower magic damage, it lower all elemental damage. Conviction lowers fire, ice and lit resistances but does not lower poison resists, also note magic damage is missing.

As you will not be boosting your primary damage with curses you can do a few things. Most just amp everything so CE does more damage, only putting that 1 pt into curses saving the pts for more synergies. I personally like lots of curses as I play online and I believe versatility is a good thing. Dim vision, attract, LR Decrep. Skulm had a bone necy build using Dim to shut down monsters, telly in and kill everything while they sit there doing nothing.

found the video…

2 Likes

Thanks my Friend :+1: