Cube recipes to kill Duriel as a Barbarian specializing in axes

I know I’m gonna have hard time fighting that giant meat stack. My axe is at 10, i think im level 18, it’s pretty annoying right now to find his lair, I need a better weapon to get through that flying maze easier and to kill the boss with ease. I’ll add more details when I get home. I just need a good recipe and I have a bunch of materials already, I just don’t know what I gotta make.

He is easy to kill using rune words Steel and Ancients Pledge with the skill Bash. Fara sells 2os Military Picks and Double Axes as well as 3os Kite Shields. Also use a Stealth Splint Mail and Nadir (CoS) Full Helm for both you and your ‘Offensive’ merc. Make a Malice Spetum for your merc. You can get all the runes you need to make this gear from Countess in 1 player games and all the socketable gear from Fara.

Consume 8 thawing potions - character and merc, each.

Soon as you enter his cave open a TP, and move a little away from it so he can’t block you from it. Keep your character between him and the TP. Use a ‘Belt’ (three rows) filled with 2 rows of health pots and 2 rows of small rejuvies. Have more pots in your backpack, including some mana to refill from the Bash attacks. Use shift and the belt hot keys to feed pots to the merc. If the merc is about to die because you’ve run out of pots to feed him go to town and refill health and pots. don’t wait for the merc health to go down 20% before feeding him a pot, keep his health pool full.

1 Like