Crossbow Necro Lol

Here’s my Crossbow Necro build for any who want to enjoy it. No it’s not a joke, yes it actually works. Though admittedly it is mostly just for fun.

~DontJudgeMe~

Weapon: Buriza with PSkull/Eth/Nef/Shael (up to you)
Armor: Stealth in anything (Dusk/Wyrmhide/AP etc ideally but doesn’t matter)
Helm: Stealskull with PTopaz/IAS jewel/Um rune (up to you)
Gloves: Laying of Hands (obvious reasons, Lava Gout can also be used instead)
Boots: War Traveler (obvious reasons, Gorerider can also be used instead)
Belt: Trang-Ouls Girth (Can’t be frozen, Life/Mana)
Rings: 2xAngelic (huge +AR with ammy, needed)
Ammy: Angelic (huge +ar with rings, needed)

I went with 56% FHR breakpoint and 20% FCR breakpoint for this build. Reason for the FCR is because we will be using Dim Vision and Corpse Explosion, so some FCR is good to have. If you really wanted, you could go for the 30% FCR breakpoint by swapping out one of the angelic rings, but I didn’t find it necessary and I wouldn’t advise it, the AR is very necessary on a build like this.

Skills

20 Bone Armor
20 Bone Wall
20 Corpse Explosion
20 Dim Vision
1 Amp Damage
1 Clay Golem
1 Golem Mastery
1 Summon Resist
1 Prerequisites

Anything else can go in whatever you want, Bone Prison for higher bone armor, Decrep if you want Decrep, more into Golem, whatever. The build is done after the above points have been assigned.

Mercenary

Act 2 Blessed Aim

Reaper’s Toll
Treachery
Guillaume’s Face

Or use whatever you have, Insight can also be used if needed/preferred, though you should have some decent amount of Mana Leech to regain mana after you Corpse Explosion

Basically all you do is cast bone armor and golem and keep them up always. Use your screen-wide Dim Vision, which makes all enemies “dumb” and unable to use projectiles, or even see you. Strum on the Buriza a couple times until something dies (some enemies will shatter, but most will not). Corpse explode the pack and move on. In theory, you should never even get hit. But if you do, you have a strong bone armor protecting you, and a massive and long lasting Dim Vision protecting you as well. Against bosses just switch to Amp Damage (or Decrep should you choose to get it).

I’m still debating whether it’s worth upgrading the Buriza or not, so far it’s been doing just fine in its Exceptional version. Yes this is a real build. It really works. Please feel free to try it, and enjoy.

2 Likes

Try to change Buriza to Demon Machine for its explosive arrow and bonus to attack rating, it is big enough it should free at least one ring slot. It has only 66% pierce chance though, so either use Razortail belt, or Wisdom runeword in helmet.

Also it is recommended to get lv1 Decrepify to deal with bosses, Terror as a prerequisite will help to shoo away anything what approaches to you.

1 Like

True, a valid method indeed. I’m only using Buriza and these other items because they’re what I have lol.