Crashes at Loading Screen: including at Start, Town Portal & Death

Anytime D2R attempts to load saved data from the “Loading” screen (the infamous one with the door) the game crashes out to the Battle.net screen. I was able to create several different characters for both on and offline but as soon as every one tried to load saved data it crashed. That goes for each of the following scenarios:

• trying to load any saved game from the opening screen
  • after entering a town portal: the Loading screen comes up and then the game crashes before emerging on the other side
  • after dying: as a test I got a character killed then it cut to the Loading screen and sure enough, it crashed.

As an aside, the waypoints that act more like a teleport and don’t trigger the Loading screen haven’t caused an issue. For background: I am playing on PC (Windows 10) and included my blz-log in a pastebin link below in case that’s helpful. I have tried reducing the resolution, making sure all other programs are closed, etc. I was able to play each new character from start for several hours until each hit their individual Loading screens and then hit the inevitable crash.

If anyone else was able to fix for this please let me know. Otherwise this is for the Devs. thanks

zamael blz log - Pastebin.com

7 Likes

I am having the exact same issue, the gameplay seems smooth enough with no lag or anything like that, but as soon as I hit the loading screen after using the town portal or death my game just closes, with no error message or anything.

2 Likes

Same thing happening to me, would be good to see a fix for this

1 Like

I’m having this problem too. Not only does the loading screen take 1-2 minutes to get into the game, going from act to act takes forever too.

when i create game i get a 45 sec loading screen then sends me back to battle.net app with no error message or anything.

Switching to legacy mode before using town portals or waypoints reliably helps to avoid the crashing when going back to town.

Unfortunately, when first entering a game, loading a town with the new graphics cannot be avoided. Because of this it often takes me 10-20 attempts to enter a game. Once I’m in, I can keep playing by using this workaround when needing to go back to town. Any kind of runs where you have to enter new games very often are pretty much impossible though.

I have posted a log and more details on the EU forums.

I experience exactly the same as above. I’ve tried several things to prevent crashes. Is the crash a problem with the server? Please fix asap

1 Like

Is there a fix for this issue yet? I’ve ran into the same issue…

1 Like

I also have the same issue, game running smoothish got the fps dialed in but every time I use a WP where the loading screen with the door opening… or a new game the game completely closes out with out any warnings or errors ect.

1 Like

Saaame problem here keep crashing every 15-20min with no error

1 Like

Every 1 of 4 portals I crash. Incredibly frustrating. Portaling and running around seems to cause crashes the most. I pretty much make no progress and just try to find waypoints repeatedly before I crash.

1 Like

Same here, and I bet the answer is simple:
Blizz implemented a stealthed script for random players to prevent server crowdedness… an unexplainable, random #forcethegametoquit thingy is acceptable (by their terms) and since we have already payed the money for the game, why they even care fixing it…?? Less online players = less servers to maintain → more savings → more bonus… welcome to the XXI. century people. Cheers.

Just started having this issue myself within the last couple of days. Doesn’t look like a fix has been mentioned, bumping for visibility.

1 Like

Just Downloaded the game and am having the exact same issue- crashes while loading and through portals - can’t play the game