Corpse explosion with controller

So I’m playing with a controller and most of the time it works great for my setup, but one thing that is really bad is corpse explosion. I get that I can’t use pinpoint precision to target a specific corpse with how a controller works but half the time it’s not even targeting something in the direction I’m facing. It will randomly explode a corpse behind me instead and basically waste mana on nothing. I understand that it’s difficult for the game to know exactly where I want to cast it without a mouse, but at least pick something my character is facing…

5 Likes

Yep. Same… I think controller in this game works far better than mouse and keyboard 90% of the time… but corpse explosion is definetely on the bad side.

It seems to me that it automatically targets the closest body to you, so the direction you’re facing desn’t matter and you cannot target specfic bodies like you can with a mouse.

Yes, it often causes you to waste mana exploding a corpse close behind of you instead of one in the middle of the battle.

Maybe they will patch it eventually with a smarter system… it should maybe target the closest body to your closest enemy, instead of closest to you.

3 Likes

While I have found this annoying, it has also saved my life multiple times. Turns out I end up using CE a lot when things get crazy and often I need to start blowing up corpses no matter where they are to survive.

It is annoying when I’m not in this situation and I want to use CE, but overall I’ll take this limitation for the advantages controller offers the rest of the time.

I have the same issue, and I want to add that it is almost impossible to choose the enemy you want to revive :(.

Between CE and Revive I kind of decided that my necro will likely be a PC only character where Amazon, Paladin, Druid, etc. I’d likely be fine playing on the PS5 once I buy it for the system.

During Open Beta I was impressed with the controller system but could never imagine playing Summonmancers with it… although poison would likely be good

Its like ever time, most of all games are way better with Mouse and Keyboard. Only games like FIFA are better with controller.

precision was never a thing with controller :stuck_out_tongue:

you have it either COMFY with controller or you are precise with m&k…
Both is not possible…and as a console player you should then also not complain.
I am VERY grateful for this great controller control.
(I have no console and played Diablo since release 20 years ago only with mouse and keyboard and D2Resurrected almost ONLY with controller because it is so much fun)

Little things like the TE says (CE , set targeted hydras, place spells BEHIND enemies or use the guided arrow of the Amazon RIGHT is almost impossible with controller… But there is no other way.)
Anyway… my 50 cents… they did a realy great job with the Controller Support. (except that insta grabb thing…)