Corpse Explosion gore

It is there, but the blood is actually fairly light. There are bones, cool, but CE is actually pretty easy to miss in battle now, while in legacy it was always obvious.

It’s certainly better than it could have been, but I still think CE just needs a bit more blood splatter graphic.

What do you all think?

8 Likes

They dropped the amount of blood and increased the bones. I almost feel like I see more bones flying than blood when I CE things.

I prefer the blood! But this is 2020 Blizzard, blood makes them squeamish.

5 Likes

I, too, prefer the blood. It’s something, but not very noticeable in the middle of a big battle…

I think a little more would go a long way.

3 Likes

the flying bones look good but it definitely needs more blast in the middle of impact

2 Likes

Yes, keep the bones as they are, add more splatter and the fire effect could be embiggened too. The whole effect is viusally underwhelming.

2 Likes

I agree. I realized I was using it less and less cause I felt like it wasn’t making an impacted (but is was) tricking my logic of a small fire cracker going off.

1 Like

Yea CE does look very lame. I would be happy if they could improve the visuals of CE a bit.

1 Like

Very much this. Honestly it’s not even an issue with the skill while in use, so much as the gloriously gory mess it leaves. In the OG game, the more you used it, the bigger the mess. Currently, it’s kind of hard to assess your damage, because visually there’s just not much to go on.

1 Like

It’s clear that you have absolutely no direct hint about the actual radius, just guessing is a bit lame. It’s supposed to look more catchy, “corpse explosion”, such a wonderful name and concept. Why on earth…

1 Like

Why? Because we wouldn’t want to offend the Chinese censors and get locked out of that market…or maybe just some good old American style “won’t someone think of the children” busybodies with way too much time on their hands. My bet is on both, but honestly the second is more likely.

1 Like

for me its nice. i like the gore effects. :slight_smile:

I like corpse explosion a lot, but I wouldn’t like it to lag me though. I only use a 3060 gpu, I’m not like you pro gamer chads.

Some more blood should not lag your pc. If it did, that could be disabled when using lower graphics settings. I dont use a nice gpu either - 1060. But I play on very high and have no real issues.

Bumping this thread, we, Necromancers, WILL NOT let it go!

2 Likes

I think the new effect is trying to showcase that the the skill deals two types of damage, but the animation is now kinda small