Controller players grab all the loot from KBM players.
This isn’t right: I can’t use a controller for accessibility reasons. I bought the game for some good fun finding items & killing stuff with others, not so others could vacuum up the loot before it hits the ground.
If you’re going to let controllers ninja everything, then legalize pickit for KBM.
They need to fix this because right now controller players have an advantage, but once it’s fixed, controller players will be at a disadvantage due to less accuracy when drops have labels. Also I’d just ignore Rasalom, that’s basically a bait post, you shouldn’t have to swap input methods while playing the game just for one thing.
Not to mention, this is basically how loot was in D2 as well with the pickit programs.
As been stated numerous times:
Play SOLO if you want loot drops (or with friends only)
Play Group if you want XP (dont expect ANY loot)
This has basically been true always for D2. Dun like it, then advocate for PLoot like so many others have but thats a different flame war.
However implementing it is a lot of work. I do not know the D2 engine, but if I had to guess, they will have to change parameters on every item and item instance in the game and how every drop works for every mob and boss. Not a quick fix at all but I think it would be worth it for a expansion.
Personal loot that is still randomized and not set for your class is the way to go. Basically do not do what D3 Reaper of Souls did for personal loot. Trading will still be a thing then and groups can discuss what they got.
edit: It is not fair for everyone to be able to snag everything and never was. That is why it is basically a single player game for me and always has been unless I needed help with a certain boss or area.
Click quicker? There’s no advantage here, as someone who play with controller I lose loot often. Everyone is a vulture in online games, blaming controller is idiot.
Making pickit legal will allow equal opportunity but it will still be a horrible system. Whoever has the fastest ping will be the only one looting. I really think the only fix is some sort of loot distribution.