Controller Crash: cannot bind new skills added by mods past Id 370 (skills.txt)

Any skill added to the skills.txt file past Id 370 will crash the game when trying to bind the skill to a controller. Any new skill added at Id 370 is incorrectly labeled as a general skill, seems likely this is related to the cause of the bug (hardcoded row Id read range for mapping to controller bind category).

To reproduce, delete the charclass “nec” from the existing skills.txt file rows. Then add the bottom two lines to rows 372, 373 (see bottom of post).

1. Open the game running your modded files with a controller
  2. Tab over to General and notice that Teeth is incorrectly placed in this tab
  3. Tab to Poison and Bone and attempt to bind Teeth. Notice that the game doesn’t crash
  4. Tab over to Summoning and attempt to bind Raise Skeleton. Notice that the game crashes.
Teeth Test 370 nec teeth 8 teeth necromancer_bone_cast 19 17 teeth teeth bonecast 1 1 none SC SC xx 1 1 necromancer_bone_cast 1 20 1 1 1 7 6 1 1 min(ln12,24) # of Missiles created par3 Missile Activation Frame 0 # of missiles that can trigger item modifier events 2 # of Missiles created baseline 1 # of Missiles created per level 0 Missile Activation Frame 15 Damage synergy 1 7 mag 4 2 2 3 4 5 8 2 3 4 5 6 (skill(‘Bone Wall’.blvl)+skill(‘Bone Prison’.blvl)+skill(‘Bone Spear’.blvl)+skill(‘Bone Spirit’.blvl))*par8 256 1000 0
Raise Skeleton Test 371 nec raise skeleton 15 31 damagepercent ((lvl < 4) ? 0 : ((lvl-3)*par3)) tohit (lvl+skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.lvl))*par4 armorclass (lvl+skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.lvl))*par5 maxhp skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.lvl) * skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.par1) * 256 item_normaldamage skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.lvl) * skill(‘Skeleton Mastery’.par2) + edmn necroskeleton skeleton (lvl < 4) ?lvl:(2+lvl/3) S1 1 necromancer_golem_cast 20 31 corpseexplosion 1 0 none SC SC xx 1 2 1 1 20 0 1 1 8 6 1 1 (lvl < 4) ? 0 : (par2 * (lvl - 3)) HP % Modifier par1 % chance to spawn with a shield (only works for necroskeleton) 5 % chance to spawn with a shield 50 HP % per level 7 Damage % per level 15 Attack Rating per level 15 Armor per level 1 8 0 0 1 2 3 4 256 1000 0

Hey BakedPotato
Thanks so much for raising this discussion, I have also suffered from this bug for a long time since I play with mods by using controller quite a lot. I searched many website only to find nothing related to this issue.
I wonder if any staff from Blizzard can fix this bug -_- sad.