Console changes/ideas

• Like to show support for console!

• Console needs to have some serious work before ladder consideration… otherwise console players will struggle, just like we are now…

• Last picked difficulty should always be selected when creating a new game.

• We need a join friend game function in game

• Advanced Bind option to add potions anywhere, having to stop moving to heal is not good gameplay. I’d rather be able to choose to put spells I don’t cast often on the Dpad… and have my healing done with the finger not used to move my char…

• Field of view needs to be increased

• UI is big, need function to make smaller

• Waypoint navigation… press up on D pad to get to last waypoint in act.

• Health of enemy boss not displaying at the top of screen, it’s only showing the name… if I have any enemy targeted, it should display health at top of screen. Option to switch to top or over enemy head, over head kills the amazing work from the artist…

• Item stats disappear when moving cursor, even when I’m still on item… anyway to have stats stay displayed while on the item… so we don’t have to wait for the slow stat display each time?

• Stack gems and runes

• Please set first option when talking to an NPC to most picked… no point in having to press down everytime I interact with Cain or Merchants.

• Menu navigation in shops… it’s slow when scrolling threw gear… needs to be faster to display stats, we need a shift button to purchase in bulk… L2 + X = bulk buy or tap Triangle// Y

• Allocation of stat points is slow, if you trust pc to enter stats without holding a button… trust console too, holding the button to enter each stat is obnoxious.

• Add save and quit to the bind skill bar PC has save and exit next to skills allowing fast exit if needed. HC players need a faster exit on console.

• We need better way to communicate with people… Please add a text window where we can type… this would solve alot of issues… Gold withdrawal is super slow, /players command. People who don’t use mics could communicate more effectively.

• Would love to have the option to play with Mouse. Skills that require more precise aiming are become less attractive to use. Alot of people sit at a desk and play anyways… let us decide like PC… please…

• Lobbies are essential to the D2 experience, why is D3 matchmaking in here?

• Single player /players command missing, Emote wheel in single player is useless please change it to 1-8 players

• Add a function for adding potions to belt from inventory… Tap Triangle or Y

• Add function on unidentified gear to identify without scrolling over to tome of identity… Tome must be in inventory to work… Tap Triangle or Y

• Kandidar’s idea - R3 function to navigate loot on ground. Bring back PC character/inventory menu’s to allow us visibility of char and health while in those menu’s. Map scroll navigate function - Hold R2 while using R3 to navigate map

• Rosen’s idea - of a recreate game with same players function… this is an awesome idea!!!

• Blastkid’s idea - Option to turn off displaying of dropped items.

Please add your opinions and concerns down below.
I will contine to update as I run into more concerns… ty blizz, we appreciate the work that has been done… but please consider the list above.

139 Likes

Yeah selling things slow too. Another that bugs me is X on ps5 being interact/loot as well as what’s been binded to it. Why isn’t this an changeable. Personally I find Square better for looting and x for attacking. But now I have to have nothing bound to x otherwise I’m picking up junk on accident.

I would love a cursor on screen for things like teleport and picking up only certain items. Make it a bound button that makes it appear and dissappear.

9 Likes

A tip is to have no skills bound to X, that’s what I do and works great.

8 Likes

You can change the X button in bindings.

• Lol, I just found out you can use a keyboard to enter a character name… but no way to communicate with it in game… like seriously…
11 Likes

The fact that in Hardcore… the button to attack, without a cursor, is the same one to click on a town portal is making me a little nervous… Especially without being able to Save and Exit easily. I’m definitely looking forward to being stuck in a full screen lol.

4 Likes

Would be nice with a “recreate game option” which recreates the game with the same people that are in the current game.

16 Likes

This sounds like a fantastic idea im going to add it to the first post.

5 Likes

Keyboard would be nice, I noticed that you can use one for name entry of character too, but nowhere else.

Navigation of menus is waaaaaay to sloooooow. The shops inventory loads super slow for next generation consoles, takes almost a full second to look at stats!

They need to bring back the original stat entry by tapping the button instead of holding. I can already see how annoying it will be when you’re a higher lvl resetting stats, then taking 10 mins just to put em back in. YIKES!

Couldn’t play with people in beta on console, now can’t paly with people on the game. What happened to the lobbies?

Need to be able to stack gems and runes. Wasted space!

I like Rosen’s idea for recreation of game with same people, if you could get into one with others.

Identify and potion functions you listed sound great, that would surely cutt down time in menu’s!

Where is the /players command on single player??? It’s a nightmare lvling and Mfing without it!!!

11 Likes

Hardcore definitely needs a faster exit especially if they want people to get lvl 99 lol!!!

Keyboard support plz
Lobbies would be nice to
More shared tabs will be needed for people wanting to collect each unique and set…
Stacking gems and runes!!
Mouse support :heart:

9 Likes

Ok… not being able to choose the game I want to join is a real fail… just joined a game with one player, we waited for others to join before going to do first quest… no one came so the guy left…

We need to see lobbies… I couldn’t even say what’s up… ridiculous!

14 Likes

Add increase player X and decrease players X to the emote wheel
removal of lvl 99 achievements, replace with cow lvl or even holy grail… would be better

8 Likes

I like the achievement for lvl 99 char. I think it’s somthing alot of people will find fun trying to achieve. We definitely need the command from PC to add and remove players for single player!

/Players1-8

2 Likes

This matchmaking doesn’t matchmake. I been sitting in a game I created for like 10 mins waiting for anybody to join! Not one person!!!

18 Likes

i agree with the list so far.

also we need a way to see inventory while also seeing the game. We need the half screen inventory window ASAP. especially with how hard it is to get potionsback ontk the belt.

we also need R3 to navigate highlighted ground drops. its way too hard to pick up something without dying.

lastly, please make square tap to deposit in stash/sell and hold to drop. we deposit and sell way more than wedrop items

13 Likes

Ahhh yes R3 needs that function for navigation of loot on ground! Great idea. Not being able to see your char and life when in menus is a huge problem! I agree with what you’ve added. I’ll put it on the first post!

4 Likes

Great list! All of these would be amazing!

Blizzard take note

6 Likes

People have to farm ubers to even do that easily and in a timely manner that doesn’t consume your life though. This achievement is garbo imo. Might as well put in join 1000 online games. At least you’ll get that easier.

4 Likes

99 achievement will go down as top 10 hardest to get and 99 on hardcore … idk even know.

achievements should be fun not a job

9 Likes

i’m just checking to see if i can actually reply here.

4 Likes

This. All of this. The fact that we even have to actively pursue things that were in the original D2 makes no sense. Don’t go promising the “classic d2 experience” then leave out Custom games, The d2 lobby and text chat. I know a lot of the other things on this list are pretty important as well but those 3 are seriously core elements of the game and should have never been considered for removal.

23 Likes