Computer shuts down regularly ONLY on D2R

This doesn’t happen with any other game, DxDiag shows NO problems, and my CPU has a good LARGE cooling system. Of course no other windows or apps running, of course drivers up to date.

Why couldn’t it be the crap game D3 instead?? I hate that crap game, I only play it when my friends are all on it, and the dam thing runs fine. So did D4, and so does regular D2 and even D1 for that matter.

How about you FIX this crap, Bliz? Because D2R is the BEST game out of them all.

2 Likes

same here

i’m playing several games on my PC (D3, FH4 and 5, It takes two, ect)
ALL of them running on ultra graphic settings smoothly, none gets my System (everything ASUS/AMD, very good cooling) anywhere near it’s capacity limits (even under stress CPU temp usually stays below 57°, GPU never goes above 65°)
But then I run D2 Res. and everything starts to go haywire after 20-30s ! Fans start spinning out of control because the game seems determined to melt my system.

So NO, this is NOT a system problem, this is the game causing this sh**

And yes, if I don’t quit and close the game my PC shuts down immediately

Both of You share the same PC design flaw. it’s either off the shelf pre designed model or sloppy component mixture if done by oneself…

thing is Your PC draws much more power than PSU can handle, the PSU overheats,and PSU overheating security measures kick-in, the simplest one that when current is too high it cuts off power to the system.

TL:DR
This is not the game’s fault that you have too weak PSU compared to system Amperage consumption. Buy a strong enaugh PSU ( preferably with all possible security measues too).

TL:DR#2
PSU is not a component you can save your money on to buy a cheap crap… this sort of things happen if You do buy crappy PSU and strong CPU/GPU.

Sadly if the PC shuts off, that is a sign of a hardware problem, such as a PSU not delivering enough power while the system is under load or a hardware issue with one of the components. Given the sudden shutoff, the Dxdiag and Msinfo likely don’t have enough time to log any errors. This would be up to the system manufacturer or a local PC repair shop to review and is out side of our scope of support.

Thank you.

I’m having the same exact issue, but my PC restarts for some reason. Power supply is not an issue, nor are any other reasons listed above that others have ruled out. For some reason, the game just reboots my entire system when I select “Play” whilst in fullscreen

what power setting you guys run? balanced or high performance? high performance will draw more power from the PSU. if it’s less then 450watts then it has not enough power for the GPU (some cards draw can lots of power), CPU etc…
just throwing this out there if it’s a problem with the PSU…

Dude 450W for the whole system?!
450W can be eaten by the CPU itself in a stress if it’s 12 or 13 gen.
i don’t recommend buying PSU depending on pwer rating,as some manufacturers have how to phrase this “creative” ways of calculating their PSU power output wattage…
they sum up +12V and +5V rails or even have more than one +12V rail, and think it adds up, while system will only draw power from one +12V rail.

In order to buy a decent PSU one has to look for amperage ratings on +12V rail and calculate by hand (Curent (Ampers)=Power(Watts)/Voltage(Volts) so usually like this:
I(A)=power rating of all your devices sumed up(W)\12V
and add another 40% of the value if you tend to use tis PSU for more than a Year ( due to capacitor aging).
For modern components able to handle the game it usually is 850W Gold 80+ or more, depending on PSU manufacturer or PC components power apetite.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.