Comprehensive Wishlist for Future Patch

Cool… now do the maths

Lightsaber is 1:1700 on Mephisto

Rixot is 1:6800 which already proves you wrong

then multiply by the odds of finding a sol 1:7, then the odds of finding ral 1:3, then the odds of finding lum 1:28 then the odd of finding pul 1:107

You can test this in hero editor , GF , Doombringer they just dont stack up even with max sockets. Not to say they are not improved , i actually think all items that have no plus skills should be allowed to have max sockets.

1 Like

The Grandfather
Colossus Blade
One-Hand Damage: (62-87) To (164-474)
Two-Hand Damage: (145-203) To (289-649)
Required Level: 81
Required Strength: 189
Required Dexterity: 110
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
+150-250% Enhanced Damage
+2-247 To Maximum Damage
+50% Bonus To Attack Rating
+80 To Life
+20 To All Attributes
Indestructible

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Remove Indestructible
    • Add 150-250 Magic Damage
    • Add 2-4 Open Sockets
    • Add 5% To Experience

This should do it and added 150-250 Magic Damage to The Grandfather. Thoughts?

Remove indestructible and replace with mechanic mod imo , tbh id get rid of indestructible from all items and replace with the mechanics mod.

4 socket eth be sweet , it would put it on par with a decent Oath. Which is a mal rune

I think sockets is the way to go with unq and rares .

There just are a few items that if you allowed multiple sockets they could be broken , like a WF for example. But personally I’ve found more high runes then I’ve found WF’s so idk.

But something should be done.

1 Like

I mean to be fair… Meph is pretty easy if you moat him or not. :stuck_out_tongue: Duriels harder than Meph. Hell the council is harder than Meph too.

1 Like

Class item specific rune words, similar to when they designed an armor rune word for each class (in patch 1.11).

I.e.
Something for shrunken heads
Something for barbarian helms
Something for druid pelts
Something for amazon spears (Melody covers amazon’s for bows)
Something for sorceress orbs
Paladins have Exile
Assassins have Pattern / Chaos

1 Like

not exactly. because you get to use 3 versions of rixot. once before upgrade and after. meaning Rixot 1:6800 x 3 vs 1 Rixot 1:6800 + sol 1:7 + ral 1:3 + lum 1:28 and pul 1:107.
3 versions of the same unique doesn’t exactly scream “one of a kind”.

It’s still one of a kind on which you unlock properties lol

By that logic socketing a Unique doesn’t make it unique anymore haha

I would just settle for - Dare I say it (Cough) a WOW type mercenary command.
So when I run into Fanaticism, cursed, thorns, Might, extra strong, extra fast I can just tell the Merc go passive man, let me take care of this! Sometime I want defend me only to keep me from getting clobbered and sometimes it’s go offensive and let Diablo sort them out.
Also a distance command would be nice - keep it tight, keep your distance commands.

1 Like

My version of a comprehensive wish list for 2.5?

DON’T BOTHER!

You just keep making it worse and worse. You refuse to fix it, so just don’t do anything else or break anything else.

My wish list is

Search function lobby so we can see games and looks for specific games.

New End gaming system with 200 new maps

1 Like

The developers did a good job increasing the usefulness of set items and making them more prominant in Patch 2.4.

I did a major update to the OP in section UNIQUE ITEM CHANGES to include proposed buffs to unique items (elite versions) as they are still completely outclassed by runewords.

I’m hoping they consider doing a complete balance pass for uniques in 2.5. Thoughts?

1 Like

I respectfully disagree with this pessimistic sediment. All opinions are valid, but some are better than others.

With thats said, the community-at-large thinks the development team has done a fantastic job with Patch 2.4, and hope they continue to make improvements for years to come.

1 Like

1- much more storage capacity.
2- much more storage capacity (yes).
3- better merc

1 Like

Best post on this forum , keep up good work i like the Gf changes 6 sockets oooooohhhhhh lol

Would crescent moon in orbs be op?

1 Like

Honestly the only thing I WANT are improvements to the original graphics. They’re far from accurate and I think there’s no excuse to leave them as they are now. I’m not even asking for HD sprites, just that it’s emulated more accurately to how it was in 2001. If play made mods can do it, so can Blizzard.

Other than that, I’ll just be pleasantly surprised by what they have planned. So long as it’s updates like 2.4 which was well done. If they start changing the fundamental design of the game or adding modern “quality of life” features that reduce the best action RPG of all time to a mobile cookie clicker game, then I’m out.

The updated graphics on D2R look fantastic compared to the original with many improvements, not sure what you mean?

Every time I play melee there are few things that stick out to me. Damage feels sub par compared to equal or lesser geared Sorc or Magic damage pally, Hitting hell level or greater enemies is a huge pain, and clear speed is awful compared to range.

Melee already has the disadvantage of having to put themselves in more danger to attack; Being in range of attacks, Greater chance of getting stun locked, inability to avoid range attacks while stuck in place fighting, Unable to kite AND kill effectively, etc . While Ranged doesn’t have to worry about AR (dues to spells or being a Dex based character by default), they have AOE, and kites enemies at will.

Melee is much higher risk for less reward and requires exceptionally higher investment for less return.

My thoughts on melee changes

Clear speed:

• Add sources of Melee splash. (Without this Melee will never compete with clear speed)
  • Reduce AR requirements for all melee attacks. (Why does my 30k+ AR assassin still miss so often?)
  • Buff all high iLvl “on striking” abilities to create a viable alternate source of damage/aoe. (Allow +skills [base and class regardless of skill] to apply, raise base level, scale with character level, etc.)

Damage:

• Strength = + % Enhanced damage
  • Nerf Grief / Buff all other melee weapons to provide more than one option. (The +400 flat damage is too strong. It makes other options non-viable, this is less about Grief being OP and more about everything else being crap.)
  • Give 25% crushing blow to ALL melee attacks and allow it to stack with crit/deadly strike’s double damage.

Durability

• Remove run penalty dropping defense to 0
  • Remove “can not leech” from monster types (This exclusively hinders melee and does not effect other classes).
  • Change % reduce damage that works against all sources not just physical.
  • Add % reduced damage (from all types) as base line passives to classes/skill (Barb: base passive, Pally: Holy Shield/passive tied to def value, Druid: Bear/Wolf form, Zon: Rework one of the middle passives from passive and magic tree, Assassin: does have fade, Necro: Bone armor, Sorc: frost armors. Obviously these would need to vary in effectiveness; Barb/Druid being highest value and Sorc being the lowest.)
  • Armor = reduced damage not just reduced hit chance.

I don’t think you’d implement all of these options but a few here and there would make a major difference. I’m also sure that there are flaws but nothing is toss in out seems outside of the games base mechanics. Its just a thought.

(P.S. - I realize that top 1% characters with BiS gear or near BiS gear don’t have most of these problems or need these buff but having BiS gear should not be the only way to reach viability.)

Spoken like someone that doesn’t bother to play the game … only bot/MF.