Welcome back my friend! :slight_smile:

:+1:

Would suggest, then

The Disciple
Aldurs
Mavinas
Orphans

in that Order :slight_smile:

I think that is a solid choice. But two thought for discussion. Lvl 10 enchant provides +100% AR, and modes 27-39 fire dmg for 360 seconds. That´s not a super short uptime. Instead of increasing the CtC to 10 we could think about increasing the unsynergized enchant lvl to 15 (146% AR, 46-64 fire dmg, 480 seconds). CtC could be 4-5% that would be enough for a constant uptime. Or will that break some strange Deamon-Machine-Fire-Sorc builds?
Second: Let´s keep HFD on this one. To make the idea of HDF stacking viable we need interesting gear options with this value. If the do not make it stack it wont either then you would have a source of CNB anyway? That could be a solid package. And probably we could lift lvl req. a bit to counteract this (e.g. 42>55 or so)?

Thank you for your precious contribution! Not sure why you hang out in a dead games forum, but have a good day too! :wink:

1 Like

even with said changes, BK is no match for any average dual leech

bk is rare
bk should stand for phys builds as SoJ stands for casters
bk should have 20-30 dmg, not max, not min, flat, the same affix grief has

after the proposed change

Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
+1 To All Skills
0-49 To Life (Based On Character Level)
3-5% Life Stolen Per Hit
+50 Maximum Stamina
20-30 damage

3 Likes

How about this?..

Lava Gout
Defense: 120-144
Req Level: 42
Req Strength: 88
+150-200% Enhanced Defense
2% CtC Lvl 10 Enchant On Striking
Half Freeze Duration
Adds 13-46 Fire Damage
+20% Increased Attack Speed
Fire Resist +24%

• Buffs:
    • Add Cannot Be Slowed
    • Change Enchant Lvl to 15
    • Change Fire Damage to 26-92

To keep number of mods the same, we could add flat damage as you suggested and then remove max stamina, which is a pointless…

Bul-Kathos’ Wedding Band
Ring
Required Level: 58
+1 To All Skills
0-49 To Life (Based On Character Level)
3-5% Life Stolen Per Hit
+50 Maximum Stamina

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +20-30 Damage
    • Remove +50 Maximum Stamina
3 Likes

love it

1 Like

Both agree :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would be nice to try the BK on a Bowazon :sunglasses::metal:

1 Like

Great to have the topic back. For those who live in Brazil, this is a beautiful free air that we really need.

As for the IK Set, it is good but opening sockets is good but it is an expensive way to fix problems.

Set needs a lot of things to be operational

AR, CBF, 40% IAS, PMH, OW, Life Steal, Mana Steal

There are 2 open ring and 1 amulet slots and 5 possible sockets. Is it possible to fix all this? yes, Cheap? No.

Adding CBF to the set as a 5-part bonus or full set doesn’t seem like a bad idea to me.

2 Likes

Here we go. To finalize sets, lets review and make sure everything looks good…

The Disciple

• Add +25% Faster Hit Recovery (2 Items)
  • Add +75% Damage to Undead (3 Items)
  • Add +150% Damage to Demons (4 Items)
  • Add Replenish Life +25 (Credendum)
  • Change Defense to +350-450 (Credendum)
  • Add 15% CtC Lvl 5 Inner Sight When Struck (Rite of Passage)
  • Change FRW to +50% (Rite of Passage)

I think DarkHelmet’s thoughts on adding Poison Resist to Aldur’s is solid, here we go…

Aldur’s Watchtower

• Change Bonus AR to 300% (2 Items)
  • Add +30% Faster Cast Rate (Aldur’s Rhythm)
  • Change 40-62 Damage to +200% E. Damage (Aldur’s Rhythm)
  • Add +2 To Summoning Skills (Druid Only) (Aldur’s Stony Gaze)
  • Add +50% To Poison Resist (Aldur’s Deception)
  • Change 300 Defense to +150% E. Defense (Aldur’s Deception)
  • Change Elemental/Shapeshifting Skills to +2 (Aldur’s Deception)

Below seems like middle of the road changes with many suggestions…

M’avina’s Battle Hymn

• Add +2-198 To Magic Damage (2.0 Per Clvl) (2 Items)
  • Add +33% Piercing Attack (3 Items)
  • Add Fires Immolation Arrows (4 Items)
  • Add +20% To Fire Skill Damage (Full Set)
  • Add 3 Open Sockets (M’avina’s Caster)
  • Remove Fires Magic Arrows (M’avina’s Caster)
  • Change Bow and Crossbow Skills to +3 (M’avina’s Caster)

Are we happy with this?..

Orphan’s Call

• Add +30% Faster Run/Walk (2 Items)
  • Add +150% Enhanced Damage (3 Items)
  • Add +1 To All Skills (Full Set)
  • Change AR to +300 (Magnus’ Skin)
  • Change Cold Resist to +30% (Wilhelm’s Pride)

Lastly, how about increase OS on maul from 2 to 3, add 3 os to armor, add PMH to gloves with other proposals shown below…

Immortal King

• Add +1 To Barbarian Skills (Immortal King’s Will)
  • Add Prevent Monster Heal (Immortal King’s Forge)
  • Add 3 Open Sockets (Immortal King’s Soul Cage)
  • Change E. Defense to 150% (Immortal King’s Soul Cage)
  • Change CtC Lvl 5 Enchant to Lvl 14 Burst of Speed (Immortal King’s Soul Cage)
  • Change Half Freeze Duration to Cannot Be Frozen (Immortal King’s Pillar)
  • Change Open Sockets to 3 (Immortal King’s Stone Crusher)
1 Like

I am in favor of these bonuses, but I believe that the PMH on the glove should not modify the glove, but modify the set bonus.

1 Like

This is a great thread. I approve of basically all these changes because they would help improve old items that have long been power-crept out of end game usefulness. I still love these items and have many of them, but they could use some love for sure.

3 Likes

Agreed. How about replace the 3p bonus of +120 Defense on gloves with PMH as shown below? I think this fits better with the glove set bonuses of IAS, LL, ML…

• Change +120 Defense to Prevent Monster Heal (Immortal King’s Forge)

I am not reading all that, but I will comment on the revamp weapon part. They need to revamp how melee works first. Attack rating needs to not affect how often a swing hits, but how hard it hits a mob out of your lvl range.

And all melee skills need a cleave option. Full room clears by other classes make melee inefficient and clunky. And a mob walking away from melee should not get missed every single time.

All melee skills, including WW should be able to proc on hit skills. WW not being able to proc a spell is just wrong. The spells that are on hit should have a way to make them damage more as well. I look forward to a chain lightning whirlwind at some point. Or a hurricane spin.

:+1:

I thought the previous proposal with AR and more life was solid. But could see that as well. Could even see us changing live from 0,5 per lvl to the forementioned 0,75 tbh. But anyway it brings it closer to an SOJ. What is good.

Great for me now! Think that will be used.

I like that proposal overall. The only thing I would like to change is to make the ED on Aldur’s Rhythm a roll. It is a frequent find. When the set is overall more viable it would be interesting to keep up the excitement to id every single one. Without a roll after you got the first one there is no point in iding a second one. But if ED would roll between at least 190-220% (or so), that would be a good think imho? :man_shrugging:

I think for the set it is a good propsal. Although the Caster is not super frequent I would like to see a roll on this one as well (OS?).
Only thing what is bothering me is, that the single items, Belt, gloves and armor could need some love to make them more usable standalone. Thats why I made some suggestions to those.

Whats your oppinion about this? With the current proposal only the full set would be used imho.

Like that! Rolls on Magnus and Wilhelms (or even GFace) would be nice…

1 Like

Those are interesting ideas, but changing how AR functions is a fundamental change, which we try to avoid. Also, skill changes is beyond the scope of this thread. What do you think about the general changes we proposed, such as buffing base weapon damage?

No problem, we can add roll to ED of 180%-220%, so average still remains at 200%…

Aldur’s Watchtower

• Change Bonus AR to 300% (2 Items)
  • Add +30% Faster Cast Rate (Aldur’s Rhythm)
  • Change 40-62 Damage to +180-220% E. Damage (Aldur’s Rhythm)
  • Add +2 To Summoning Skills (Druid Only) (Aldur’s Stony Gaze)
  • Add +50% To Poison Resist (Aldur’s Deception)
  • Change 300 Defense to +150% E. Defense (Aldur’s Deception)
  • Change Elemental/Shapeshifting Skills to +2 (Aldur’s Deception)

Agreed. We can roll OS on Caster, we can also change piercing attack and fires immolation arrows as 4p bonus, and we can then improve armor by adding AR and buff Glacial Spike lvl…

M’avina’s Battle Hymn

• Add +33% Piercing Attack (4 Items)
  • Add 2-3 Open Sockets (M’avina’s Caster)
  • Add +300 To Attack Rating (M’avina’s Embrace)
  • Change Glacial Spike Lvl to 15 (M’avina’s Embrace)
1 Like

I guess that is great now and in a good spot for a not super rare set of items! :+1:

Nice and an important improvement. Not sure it the armor is really viable standalone but for a Zon I would not be the worst option (like now). So that´s good! The caster would be okay (still would change the silly +188% ED to a round number like +200% - we don´t need a roll here, if we have the OS rolling and it´s not a super frequent find either).

For the Icy Clutch gloves I would change 56% Extra Gold From Monsters to 50-60% just for clarifiaction, since it would not make a real difference but would make it worth having a look at it, if you find a pair. Is there anything we could change to make it standalone more appealing on top without making it or the set OP? I think the set should be a good but not the best option in the game. Now it would fill that spot.

The “6-18 Cold Damage, 6 sec. Duration (Normal)” isn´t really strong right now. Strength and Dex are not super crazy as well? Set bonuses only apply with 4p or 5p here. Some AR again? Or maybe as a 2p bonus on the gloves? Idk, but would like to see a usecase standalone. :man_shrugging:

Same with the belt. With the FRW and the ML not super bad, but not standalone a good choice. We could increase the light radius further (just QoL) and maybe change the 4p set bonus of +25% @res to a 2p set bonus (no change with the overall set power level but making lower combos more appealing)? What would it be paired with most probably? I guess with the circlet (+1 alls kills as 2p bonus, 30% IAS, some mana and low rep life) and that might be an akayisch combo? A 2p combo with the caster is imho unlikely, same with the gloves (even after our buffs).

M’avina’s Tenet (belt)
Lvl req. 45
+50 Defense
+20% Faster Run Walk
+5 To Light Radius
5% Mana Stolen Per Hit
All Resistances +25 (4 Items)

What do you think?

Feedback on IK tomorrow :slight_smile: Have a good day sir!

1 Like

In keeping with the max changes to 7 for sets, we can strengthen cold theme by 2X the cold damage on the gloves, and this change pairs nicely with buffing Glacial Spike lvl on armor. What do you think of below?

M’avina’s Battle Hymn

• Change Cold Damge to 12-36 (M’avina’s Icy Clunch)

I’m thinking the OS should roll 2-3 for both IK Stone Crusher and now the armor, IK Soul Cage. This would be consistent w/ M’avina’s.

Is this a thing for a lvl 45 item? If so good, if not maybe freezes target in exchange will be another option? Would support the set as well?

What do others think?

1 Like

I could get behind that to replace lackluster cold damage with freezes target as follows…

• Change 6-18 Cold Damge to Freezes Target +2 (M’avina’s Icy Clunch)
2 Likes

Like that! Would like to have at least one roll (GF as suggested or two with freeze). Since freeze has relativly high penalty on ranged attacks we could have besides GF a roll on freezes from 2-4 (or even 2-5). Finding a roll with 4 would have a relatively high chance to freeze targed. With only 2 it would be very modest. Since the gloves are not super good itself that would not change the meta.

% Melee Chance = 30 + 5 (4 * {Freeze Target value sum} + {attacker level - defender level})
% Ranged Chance = 5 (4 * {Freeze Target value sum} + {attacker level - defender level})) / 3

With the same lvl as the defender freezes 2 hast only a 13% chance to freeze (all numbers at ranged attacks). If the defender is 7 lvls above you, than you have 0% chance to freeze. With freezes 4 you only have a 26% chance. Is the defender 15 lvl above you, then 0% again. With +6 it would only result in a 40% chance same lvl. Defender +24 lvls above 0% again. So not crazy at ranged and not super strong on melee as well (+6 = 100% same lvl, 0% if 30 lvls above) . So to make the gloves a bit more appealing I would add a roll of 2-5 or even 3-6 on freeze targed next to a roll of GF.

What about the belt? Any thoughts? We could put freeze on both and split it. 2-3 on gloves and 2-3 on belt? If we shift the 4p bonus of +25% @res to a 2p bonus, that would be actually not an OP but okayisch option?

1 Like

Agree on adding roll to Freezes Target. I think +2-4 is more than enough as Frostwind (which is lvl 70 item) has +4. As we are at 7 changes already to the set, I think we should stop to keep things manageable. So what do you think of below so we can finalize proposal?..

M’avina’s Battle Hymn

• Change 6-18 Cold Damage to Freezes Target +2-4 (M’avina’s Icy Clunch)
2 Likes

@charlesJT

By any chance, is there already a ready-made table with these changes already proposed in the topic? Does anyone else who frequents the thread already have this ready? I’m serious about applying as many as I can and getting the tables ready for people to test.

Another thing where I could upload the modified tables so they can be shared on the forum?

2 Likes