Community Feedback for Improving Itemization

Taking a first crack at a few normal unique weapons, here’s what I came up with for improvements. Let me know your thoughts…

Felloak
Club
One-Hand Damage: 1 To 10
Required Level: 3
Durability: 24
Mace Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
+70-80% Enhanced Damage
+50% Damage To Undead
Adds 6-8 Fire Damage
Knockback
Lightning Resist +60%
Fire Resist +20%

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Firestorm
    • Change Fire Resist from 20% to 60%
    • Change Lightning Resist from 60% to 20%

Crushflange
Mace
One-Hand Damage: 4 To (15-16)
Required Level: 9
Required Strength: 27
Durability: 60
Mace Class - Normal Attack Speed
+50-60% Enhanced Damage
+50% Damage to Undead
+33% Chance Of Crushing Blow
Knockback
Fire Resist +50%
+15 To Strength
+2 To Light Radius

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Remove Knockback
    • Change Damage to Undead from 50% to 100%

Kinemil’s Awl
Giant Sword
One-Hand Damage: (5-6) To (28-32)
Two-Hand Damage: (16-18) To (50-56)
Required Level: 23
Required Strength: 56
Required Dexterity: 34
Durability: 50
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
+80-100% Enhanced Damage
+100-150 To Attack Rating
Adds 6-(20-40) Fire Damage
+20 To Mana
+6 To Holy Fire (Paladin Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +30% Increased Attack Speed
    • Remove +20 To Mana

Spire of Lazarus
Gnarled Staff
Two-Hand Damage: 4 To 12
Required Level: 18
Durability: 35
Staff class - Slow Attack Speed
+1 To Sorceress Skill Levels
Adds 1-28 Lightning Damage
+1 To Chain Lightning (Sorceress Only)
+2 To Lightning (Sorceress Only)
+3 To Static Field (Sorceress Only)
+15 To Energy
Regenerate Mana 43%
Lightning Resist +75%
Damage Reduced By 5
+50% Damage To Undead

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +35 To Mana
    • Add +35% Faster Cast Rate
    • Change Sorceress Skill Levels from +1 to +1-3

The Chieftain
Battle Axe
Two-Hand Damage: 24 To 64
Required Level: 19
Required Strength: 54
Durability: 40
Axe Class – Normal Attack Speed
+100% Enhanced Damage
20% Increased Attack Speed
Adds 1-40 Lightning Damage
All Resistances +10-20
+6 To Mana After Each Kill

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Battle Cry
    • Add 1 Open Socket

Lance of Yaggai
Spetum
Two-Hand Damage: 15 To 23
Required Level: 22
Required Strength: 54
Required Dexterity: 35
Durability: 28
Spear Class - Slow Attack Speed
Adds 1-60 Lightning Damage
All Resistances +15%
40% Increased Attack Speed
Attacker takes damage of 8

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Charged Strike
    • Change All Resistances 15% to Lightning Resist 60%

The Jade Tan Do
Kris
One-Hand Damage: 2 To 11
Required Level: 19
Required Dexterity: 45
Durability: 24
Dagger Class - Very Fast Attack Speed
+100-150 to Attack Rating
+180 Poison Damage Over 4 Seconds
Poison Resist +95%
+20% To Maximum Poison Resist
Cannot Be Frozen

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1 To Poison Skills
    • Add 20% To Deadly Strike

Rogue’s Bow
Composite Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 5 to 12
Required Level: 20
Required Strength: 25
Required Dexterity: 35
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
+40-60% Enhanced Damage
+100% Damage to Undead
+30% Deadly Strike
50% Increased Attack Speed
+60 to Attack Rating
All Resistances +10

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add +1-3 To Guided Arrow
    • Change Attack Rating from +60 to +100
1 Like

I love the thematic items in this game and they didn’t feel very special like they should have been.

50% damage to undead? 100 attack rating against undead :joy: , and then +3 to Skeleton mastery :joy:

Did some intern make this junk?

It’s literally the Skeleton King’s crown.

1 Like

I was thinking how to make Undead Crown truly unique. What if it allowed Skeleton Archers? Skeletal Archers would do additional fire, cold, lightning or poison damage, but the main source of damage would be physical.

1 Like

Yup that would be very cool! And for Blood Raven’s charge, it should have been reanimate as Zombies like you had in another thread.

1 Like

Got you covered. Blood Raven’s Charge is in this thread…

Blood Raven’s Charge
Matriarchal Bow
Two-Hand Damage: (56-66) to (131-155)
Required Level: 71
Required Strength: 87
Required Dexterity: 187
(Amazon Only)
Bow Class - Fast Attack Speed
+180-230% Enhanced Damage
200-300% Bonus To Attack Rating
Fires Explosive Arrows Or Bolts (Level 13)
Level 5 Revive (30 charges)
+2-4 To Bow and Crossbow Skills (Amazon Only)

• Proposed Buffs:
    • Add 20% Increased Attack Speed
    • Add 20% Reanimate As: Hungry Dead
1 Like

just massively buff the mods that rares and crafts can receive so we could finally use them

1 Like

Agreed. For rare items, I’m proposing the following changes below and should help…

• Rare Items
    • Rare items should get a minimum of 4 affixes at iLvl 45+, 5 at 65+ and 6 at 85+. Basically, iLvl 85+ rares would roll guaranteed 6 affixes
    • Rare jewels will always roll 4 affixes, instead of spawning with 1-4 affixes
    • Change recipe for re-rolling rare items from 6 P. Skulls to 3 P. Skulls to allow more frequent rolls and allow re-rolling 4x2 rare items

For rare/crafted items, I’m also proposing adding a new socketing recipe shown below…

• Rare/Crafted Items
    • Rare Ring + Hel + Flawless Skull + Rare/Crafted Item = Rare/Crafted Item (1-2 sockets)

Lastly, for crafted items, I’m proposing to the developers to rework crafting ethereal items to retain their ethereal property and add ability for players to upgrade crafted items, similar to upgrading set items.

Nice post, cool changes, Hearted. I really like them all.

2 Likes

Also, remove Cathan’s ring from the game.
Very nice write up.

2 Likes

Much appreciated. This is a community effort as many ideas for improving itemization came from other people. I’m just compiling ideas in one thread for the developers to review.

I think they 1000% need to add a green ring that is actually worth something.

Having people ignore most green rings is a waste of emotional anticipation.

1 Like

I think an all jewelry set (2 rings/ammy) would be an awesome addition to the game. One idea that floated around was to base it off the ancients, hence Madwc, Korlic and Talic. The jewelry set would have +double throw, +leap attack, +whirlwind as o-skills.

Another fun idea from the community is an all jewelry set focused on elemental damage- one fire ring, one cold ring, and a lightning amulet. This set would be tailor made for melee characters.

1 Like

Those are great ideas.

1 Like

My dream patch for Season 3 would be to improve itemization, add a new all jewelry set (prefer elemental damage for melee), add a currency tab, and expand character slots.

1 Like

Agreed, and I also think allowing anything that would be considered a currency to be stackable in the inventory by 5-10 would encourage more people to collect the lower tier currencies like gems and trade them up for runes. I know you can do that right now, but it’s such an inconvenience that I think most people don’t bother with it.

1 Like

it’d be time for a melee boost imo. a bunch of new runewords/uniques/sets that revolve around making melee/underplayed styles more relevant.

you got your pure blizz sorc able to clear everything without infinity its time to think about the badasses now :wink:

while were there maybe itd be fine to let WWers chug potions while spinning.

as for currency tab… id rather have a charm inventory i think. i dont like the fight for bagspace. i’d have more fun filling a charm inventory with the best charms i can find and juggle them around based on what i find rather than sacrificing the ability to pick anything up.

1 Like

I’m not sure about a charm inventory, but what about a rune and gem bag that allows the stacking of runes and gems, respectively? These rune and gem bags could come in a variety of sizes and qualties, giving more items to hunt for. Here are a few examples of gem bags…

Leather Gem Pouch

• Quality: Normal
  • Inventory Size: 4x2 Slots
  • Description: Used for stacking of gems of any quality/type. Takes up 2x2 slots in inventory/stash

Serpentskin Gem Satchel

• Quality: Magic
  • Inventory Size: 4x4 Slots
  • Description: Used for stacking of gems of any quality/type. Takes up 2x2 slots in inventory/stash

Wyrmhide Gem Bag

• Quality: Rare
  • Inventory Size: 4x6 Slots

Alkor’s Gem Collection Box

• Quality: Unique
  • Inventory Size: 4x10 Slots
1 Like

Lets keep this thread at the top. I’ve noticed there’s been a bunch of useless garbage at the top of the forum for the past week.

In other news, someone on Reddit said they heard that there’s a mini-boss that spawns in random dungeons in Diablo 4, but it’s not confirmed.

Possible Spoiler

Ahhh FRESH MEAT!

I wonder if the D4 devs borrowed that idea from Charles’ TZ feedback thread or if that’s just a conicidence. But it’s just a rumor since I’m not in the beta and it would be NDA for others to mention it. For now I’m going to assume it’s not true.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I think the vast majority of the community would support improving itemization, especially uniques. They might not support some or many of the proposed changes, but the overall premise is sound.

I enjoy receiving feedback on the proposed changes to overhauling uniques to improve ideas and make it more of a community effort. If anyone has any different thoughts on improving a particular unique, I’m all ears.

1 Like

Charge and Blocking are a bit contradictory. Not impossible to use Charge with a onehanded weapon, but usually used with a two hander. On the other hand, I really like the Increased Chance of Blocking, fits my concept of a Centurion. Maybe double down on that and add Faster Block Rate as well?

I like it. Flavorful, useful enough to justify using at low levels but not end game gear.

I like the FRW increase. +5 to Raven O-skill is nice flavor, but probably not enough to make me ever use this. What about a +14 Inner Sight as O-skill? That would grab my attention as a useful way to break enemy defense at level 15 (the level of the armor). Combined with the FRW and Cannot Be Frozen it’d be a niche mid game armor for non-Amazons that want to use a bow.

Hmm, might be too complicated to implement, but I can’t help but envision this as armor to wear when going around throwing poison potion bombs. I’d guess something like +20% Increase to Poison Weapon Damage or something. Maybe not a reasonable request though.

Maybe add Damage/AR to Demons equal to the Damage/AR to Undead. It’s hard to justify using items aimed only at Demons or only Undead, but combined they are worth using.

Shout increases party defense. Doesn’t really fit the theme of “the Victor” to me. I’d suggest Taunt would be the better shout to implement. Maybe 20% chance to cast level 24 Taunt on Striking? Or just +20 Taunt as an O-skill. It’s still defensive as it reduces the enemy chance to hit and damage, but more flavor fitting.

I like the idea of making this the Magic Resist shield. But 10% Magic Absorb is really powerful. Would a flat +11 Magic Absorb instead of a percentage be acceptable instead?

Don’t know about the Cannot Be Frozen and +Skills because then it’s like other items already around. Maybe lean into the unique nature of the helm by keeping the Fire Absorb, but also adding Lightning and Cold Absorb? It’d give this helm a unique role that wouldn’t be for most players, but I could see maybe an Energy Shield Sorceress using it for a special build.

The Lightning Resist is actually flavor from the association of oaks with lightning (and Zeus). I like adding the Firestorm though, makes this make sense a little more for brand new caster druid or something.

Crushflange is already pretty good. Damage to Undead is from the blunt weapon modifier not the unique item so I think changing that is superfluous. The only thing to consider is if removing Knockback is a good idea or not. Higher level players would prefer, but lower level players might actually like it.

Make Holy Fire an O-skill. If you want to preserve the flavor, that’s what you have to do to make it useful, because no paladin is going to want to forgo a shield to use this. It’s not anywhere near as powerful as other ways of getting Holy Fire.

Absolutely needs Faster Cast to be competitive for a low level Lightning Sorceress. Frankly, I think making the +Lightning, +Chain Lightning, and even +Static Field O-skills would be fine. Static Field is great but how many classes will forgo a weapon and shield for it? Maybe a caster Druid?

I like the Battle Cry. Maybe +1 Leap Attack as well?

Maybe +Poison Dagger as an O-skill? Be interesting to see if the Marital Classes could use Poison Dagger more effectively.

Since +3-5 Guided Arrow is already available as an O-skill on Widowmaker, I’d prefer +2-4 Multiple Shot on the Rouge’s Bow.

How to improve Crafting, How to improve affixes to make rares more consistently useful.

I think there is a lot of support for increased flexibility. Flexibility in equipment (meaning improve the uniques/rares to be competitive with Runewords). Flexibility in character build (ie improve the unused skills and consolidate synergies to allow viable dual skill builds).

2 Likes