Command line argument to skip intro movies?

Hello,

I’m curious if there is a command line argument to skip the intro movies on D2R? Thanks

23 Likes

Same here, good old LoD “-skiptobnet” doesn’t work.
Also, in the same category, is there a way to not load cinematics when finishing an act?

8 Likes

Same here.
First time its ok. But now is annoying…

10 Likes

Why was this cut, please add it back. Also please add an option to not show cinematics.

11 Likes

Hoping this gets more attention and implemented

6 Likes

+1 for implementing this. Especially with the need to restart the game when switching regions. Why the heck is this not possible from within the game client…

2 Likes

Blizzard logic: take things that ppl want out of the game, have a bad game launch with server issues for weeks, then get cut out things back in, one by one, to clam ppl down…

1 Like

This wouldn’t be so intolerable if we weren’t crashing over and over

Just hit ESC when the movie comes up and you can skip it. Hitting any key during game start also skips the initial loading screens.

1 Like

Thank you! Just a useless reply…

18 Likes

Would be awesome if this would be added, just like in Diablo 3. It’s so annoying that one has to “click” again and again and…

1 Like

Also here looking for solution. Would love this feature

Whew, that was an ancient necro. There’s no way to skip the intro movies by way of launch parameters to my knowledge, but if you’re on PC and you don’t mind unpacking/modifying the game files then there’s a fairly easy way of doing it.

Note that this isn’t guaranteed safe for playing online, you do so at your own risk. I think the risk is very low but just be aware.

If you’ve extracted and unpacked the game files and are using the -direct -txt launch parameters you can also use this to remove the intro logos.

1. Find your D2R folder (the one that contains D2R.exe)
  2. Go to the Data folder, then to the hd folder, then global folder, then video folder. The file path should look like this: Diablo II Resurrected\Data\hd\global\video
  3. Delete blizzardlogos.webm and logoanim.webm and replace them with new text documents that have the same name and .webm extension (you should receive a Windows popup saying that the file might become unusable, click Yes).

And voila, those intro movies have been replaced with empty files and thus you’ll skip directly to the big D2R logo (the one where the “queue” pops up for a second).

1 Like

my folder look much different. There is no “hd” folder

You can also just add these two blank txt files to the mods folder \hd\global\video and use the -direct -txt launch parameters.