Charged Item Key-Binding

Hello, not sure if this is the right place to suggest or discuss this QoL issue, but I have discovered an issue with key binding a charged item.

When setting a item charge to a key bind, upon exiting a game and starting a new one while the binding remains in place, the game doesn’t acknowledge the item as being a charged item and won’t allow me to use it. As a result every new game requires the player to rebind said charge.

Ex. I am using a wand with 57 charges of Lower Resist, upon binding that item in a game I am able to use those charges without issue. However, upon leaving that game and joining/creating a new game the game no longer recognizes the key bind and I have to re-bind it in order to expend the charges.

2 Likes

Boy have I got news for you

Key bindings are more broken than even you think

Try binding and then swapping weapons :wink:

I have a staff that gets teleport charges
When I swapped that stuff to teleport I do not have the option to use teleport

Then I die as I needed that port to save my bacon

This is going to go over like a lead balloon at the speed run in community

Using teleport charges is a complete Knogo because you cannot swap and cast the charges

1 Like

Hmm weird, personally never had an issue with charges unbinding on weapon swap within the same game, only when creating a new game.

But I’ll take your word for it that that happened to you, and can only imagine how annoying that would be.

Same problem for me and a few others running najs staff offhand for the teleport, shows on hotbar but won’t work in a new game without setting it again

1 Like

having the exact same problem on Nintendo Switch. Really annoying.

1 Like

I would like to petition for this bug to be fixed plz as it really impacts console game play. Hopeful it’s already being worked on. I understand there may be many bugs being worked on. But is there any way I can get confirmation by blizzard they recognize the bug and its in Queue? #console-bug #bug-report #console-discussion #technical-support

1 Like

This just happened to me also. Tried using lower res charges during solo Baal runs.

Didn’t realize resetting it would make it work for that game. I’ll have to try that. Hopefully it gets fixed at some point.

All runeword summon abilities that are hotkeyed display as red until re-assigned. Only way around it at the moment is to re-assign the hot key for the runeword summon every single game. The button will go red again and not function in every new game room made or joined. Been an issue for a few months now. Very annoying. Needs to be fixed YESTERDAY!

Jan 2023, and still not fixed… I have to bind teleport staff for every single new game.