Characters gone after linking PSN account

Had an online character disappear today after linking my PSN account to Bnet at work.

When I got home my characters where gone.
I tried unlinking the accounts, then the PS5 demanded I relink them before it would let me do anything. The only think I can do is create a new character with the account linked.

Seems after you initially link, you have no option to ever unlink.

I just did the same thing a few hours ago. Waiting on a web ticket response right now. Exact same situation. You would think that after unlinking the accounts our PS5 account would return to normal but it doesn’t. There was a post like this one in the forums with a blue response talking about the psn account being linked to two battle.net accounts causing this issue. However, I never linked this psn account to any battle.net account before.

Look at the blizzard thread. This means you already had your psn account linked to a battle net account, and when you linked it to a second one your chatacters are gone, because well on the new one you didn’t have any characters.

So unlink, then link to your old one, the one you had before and they will come back.

EDIT:

Link:

I understand the blue post but I never linked my PSN to an account before. So I cannot just unlink it and link it back to an old one. Not sure what is going on.

If you didn’t link it then you couldn’t create a character in the first place. So you most have had a link you forgotten.

If you linked it when playing diablo 3, that link still exist.

I unlinked my PSN account from old Battlenet account and my characters are still gone from my PS5. Should I wait some time for it? Or am I just screwed?

Hey there,

Please do not necro old posts. If you cannot find a current active post with your issue, it is best to create a new post for it.

This however is not a technical issue but an account issue, so community based troubleshooting won’t be possible via the forums.

What I can reiterate as mentioned earlier in the thread:

You have to have your PSN account linked to battlenet to create/access online characters. This is a core requirement. So if you had progress and it disappeared at some point while messing with account linking, it means you are not linking the same console profile back to the original battlenet account that contains your existing progress.

Progress is tied to the battlenet account.

Now if you don’t know or remember what battlenet account you originally used or no longer have access to that account, you can submit a ticket to try and recover that account. You will be asked to provide as much identifying information about the account as possible so we can try to locate it and verify you should have access to it. Once recovered you can relink your console profile to that account and regain your progress.

Click on your name at the top right of this page, click support, then click contact support.